Photo

Steelseries Headset Adaptor, No Sound At All.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HerrMansen

HerrMansen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

I can't seem to get any sound into my stereo headsets (a noname and a pair of iPod earphones that works with other "players") when using the Steelseries adaptor (got it in the mail today)

My setup is connected as such;

Xbox 360, using VGA/Phono Cable (not connected) - goes into an LCD PC monitor as I don't have a television.
Wireless 360 Controller, Charger cable (batteries are busted), Steelseries adaptor, Stereo headphones in Output plug, nothing in Mic. plug. The long "television" cable is not connected anywhere.

I've done everything the 5 step guide asks me to do, as well as turning the sound up to 10 (max) in the personal settings tab (or preferences as it's called on the 8955 dashboard), but nothing - not even static. The only way I've been able to make anything pop or crackle was to plug the Television cable back into the adaptors mic cable, which makes the headset make slight static when the two parts meet.

Does anyone know what is causing this annoying lack of sound?

#2 HerrMansen

HerrMansen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

Well it seems I've made quite the ass of myself. I wasn't aware that Microsoft only sends out bloody voice through the controllers. How...very...useful dry.gif

I don't suppose it is possible through a hack or edit somewhere to force the 360 to output both Voice and Game sound through the Controllers? (JTAG or otherwise)

Why don't I just plug in my Phono cables or HDMI? Well I don't have HDMI on my Xbox and there isn't any Phono input on my LCD monitor and having to run a boombox system as well as the Xbox, just seems like a waste of power. unsure.gif

#3 Aeooioio

Aeooioio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

Hey HerrMansen, did you ever get that SteelSeries adapter up and running so as to get game sounds through your headset too? If so, I'm curious to know how it worked out for you since something like that would help me out quite a bit right now.

I've been looking at a bunch of these adapter things (SteelSeries, Headset Buddy, Intec, Xjacker, you name it) and I'd appreciate your experience and input before I decide.

I've started a new thread for both myself and anyone else who might be interested in these connectors. If you could pop on over there and chime in, that'd be great. Thanks!

#4 Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

All you need is an XJacker. Got mine a while ago. Be sure to get the amp kit, but don't turn it up too loud.

http://ve3d.ign.com/...-Amp-Kit-Review

PC-to-Xbox adapters, Xbox Mixamp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users