#1 Vel

Vel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:42 AM

Hi All,

I have got a JTAG'd 360 which I have been using fine (without any issues) for a few weeks. However I was playing BF2: Bad Company earlier and after playing I turned off the console. When attempting to turn it back on it boots and displays a solid green power light on the xbox however the display on my TV is black. The only things I did (except for playing BF2) was copy FreeStyle to the onboard memory so I could load it from the dash however after doing this the xbox still seemed to operate fine as I was playing BF2 for a few hours. Does anyone have any ideas what my issue could be and if so what an easy fix would be to get my xbox back up and running,

Thanks,

Vel

#2 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:50 AM

Can you boot into xell? Power on 360 with eject button, if xell comes on then XBR got corrupt and needs to be reflashed, you should have left onboard memory alone as it's been stated a million times now...

#3 Vel

Vel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Mar 6 2010, 02:50 AM)  

Can you boot into xell? Power on 360 with eject button, if xell comes on then XBR got corrupt and needs to be reflashed, you should have left onboard memory alone as it's been stated a million times now...

No it still boots to a blank screen even when using just the eject button

#4 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

Unplug power from box for 30 seconds, take a wire controller plug into the back usb port, turn xbox on with controller....personal experience that dawned on me from another topic with someone and a similar issue.

#5 Vel

Vel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Mar 6 2010, 03:20 AM)  

Unplug power from box for 30 seconds, take a wire controller plug into the back usb port, turn xbox on with controller....personal experience that dawned on me from another topic with someone and a similar issue.

Unfortunately that gives me exactly the same issue

#6 XBOXModder.com

XBOXModder.com

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:12 AM

IT wouldnt hurt to reflash....just connect you're wires back up and flash away.....

You'll prob spend more time trying to figure it out than its worth. Reflashing isnt going to remove all your stuff, so dont worry about any of that.

You might have a prob with your (h)ana chip? The old "audio, but no video" problem....you never know...

But dude, if you aint getting Xell, and you aint getting dashboard.....reflash, save yourself time trying to figure it out.

Also, what do you mean you loaded freestyle onto onboard memory?

#7 Inuyasha152

Inuyasha152

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Xbox mods!
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

I had the exact same issue, Vel. However, After 10-20 tries I got my 360 to finally boot, and even used flash360 to reflash XBR (thinking it was an issue with that). However, I ultimately found out (albeit, the hard way) that my DB1F1 wire was barely making contact (the console would boot about 10% of the time..)

SO, before you go and reflash anything, anychance you have an arcade console? If yes, did you accidentally make any game saves, profiles, even gamer pictures to the internal memory? If again yes - that most likely caused your problem and indeed will need to be reflashed. If not, I'd say check your JTAG wires.

#8 NLA

NLA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(Vel @ Mar 5 2010, 09:42 PM)  

The only things I did (except for playing BF2) was copy FreeStyle to the onboard memory so I could load it from the dash however after doing this the xbox still seemed to operate fine as I was playing BF2 for a few hours.

Woa woa woa, lets not all get ahead of ourselves, there's the problem right there. At the moment, you shouldn't use or even touch the internal memory AT ALL. It (randomly) corrupts XBR when you mess with it (copying gamesaves, profiles, etc). So you're going to have to redo the steps of JTAG and reinstall XBR properly, but THIS TIME I suggest you zero out (read: KILL) the internal memory unit with a command from nandpro.

Explanation about and instructions to do so:

http://www.xboxhacke...p?topic=14039.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users