12 replies to this topic

#1 wild eyed

wild eyed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

how can i change the refresh rate of my xbox?

and if i change it will all programs then run with new refresh rate?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

50Hz PAL and 60Hz NTSC (or PAL 60) are your only options.

#3 wild eyed

wild eyed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

great. smile.gif

so where do i change that option?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

Use Enigmah to switch your Xbox between PAL and NTSC.

#5 marvelaugusts

marvelaugusts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:45 AM

For your problem solution, Go to the Console Settings, Display, and then in the PAL section, change the refresh rate to 60 or 50 depending on what you need. Then, turn off the XBox, restart it with the HDTV setting back on.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

Sorry, but I'm certain that's wrong. The available options are 50Hz PAL, 60 HZ PAL, and 60Hz NTSC. 50Hz PAL and 60Hz PAL are only available if you AREN'T in HD mode, because in HD mode the box has to be in NTSC mode, so is automatically set to 60Hz. In other words, once you switch to HD mode you no longer have the choice of 50Hz or 60 Hz, it's 60Hz only.

#7 RaymondBarino

RaymondBarino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

So that pretty much means we can't change the refresh rate?

#8 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

I've meant to ask about this for some time and this seems to be the appropriate thread.

What does the Faster Refresh option do in the UnleashX > System > Settings > Video display menu because you seem to be able to enable that whatever else is selected?

There's a separate force PAL60 option so it would appear the Faster Refresh rate is not there to force PAL50 to PAL60. As said it is clickable in either PAL or NTSC modes so if it's already 60Hz what does it do?

#9 edwin111

edwin111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:51 AM

Nice post.

#10 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:47 PM

But what's the answer? Perhaps I'm being thick but I don't mind appearing so as long as somebody who actually knows the answer puts me right.

Just what does the UnleashX dash Faster Refresh rate mean exactly apart from the obvious? Faster than what?

Does it just mean it selects 60Hz resolutions in preference to 50Hz if you've enabled PAL60? That would only normally apply to a PAL game and being so, seems a bit pointless You might just as well use the enable PAL60 option to do the same thing. Once that's done and the console rebooted everything changes to 480i/60Hz ie. both dash and games anyway.

Then there's the question of if and how the Faster Refresh Rate, still a selectable option with NTSC region dashes, applied to NTSC games which support 60Hz by default anyway?

#11 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

I think I may have answered my own question by a convoluted route involving searching the UnleashX versions build history at xbins.

In UnleashX v.439 the "option to limit the refresh rate to 60Hz" was introduced. I guess this is the Faster Fresh rate option.

The wording is actually a bit imprecise because it could mean put a cap on rather than fix the refresh rate at 60Hz. Does the Xbox support a higher refresh rate than this, say for PC monitors, which, so I've read, may use 75Hz or faster?

Whether it's ticked or not a PAL Xbox game on a PAL set console still display in 576i/50Hz unless PAL60 is enabled too. So I'm still interested to hear from somebody who understands just what the UnleashX Faster Refresh Rate option does.

#12 erosy666

erosy666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

There's not much benefit. Its probably a bit quicker and quieter. The true benefit is if you have a really scratched disc. It usually installs ok and as it only spins once to make sure you have the game there is not chance of it crashing from not being able to read it.

=============
neon sign
search engine optimisation techniques

#13 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

Whatever you are describing it has nothing to do with the refresh rate matter.

The refresh rate is the number of times per second the image you see on screen is being renewed, nothing else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users