X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

Thank you for any and all help provided,

Is there updates for xbox 1 game to play on a jtag system? If so would they go where the 360 game updates go?

#2 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Do you have an original M$ Xbox 360 HDD connected to your system? The updates to play Xbox 1 games reside on a system partition on an Xbox 360 HDD. It is possible to use a non-original M$ HDD for this but you have to create the partitions manually and copy the files to it.

#3 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thank you so much for the reply,

Yes i have the original HDD that came with the 360, I see that in partition 3 under compatibility it says xbox1 so I guess that's where the updates go? i found a file that says it has game updates for many, many xbox1 game. ( default.xex ) Is this what I would use? Where exactly do I put it? If I am wrong unsure.gif please let me know what to do. Thank you real, for the help.

#4 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

There are several tutorials in the Technical Harddrive / SATA Forum so just browse through there. But, if you already have a M$ HDD you should have the Xbox 1 compatibility update installed. If not you can download it from xbox.com and install it. Are you not using that HDD with your Xbox 360?

#5 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:52 AM

thank you very much for replying,

Yes I am using my HDD with my jtag system I just was not sure if the update would brick the jtag. So I will look for the update and install it from xbox.com

#6 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(vicicarus @ Mar 10 2010, 04:52 PM) View Post

thank you very much for replying,
Yes I am using my HDD with my jtag system I just was not sure if the update would brick the jtag. So I will look for the update and install it from xbox.com

So I was able to install xbox1 game updates to my jtag system. This is what I did:

I got and original xbox games update ( march of 06 ) from xbox website and I got a zipped file ( default.zip ), after I unzip it I burned the files to a cd then I just put it in the 360 and it said play game, so I started it and it installed its self. cool! Thank you all so much for the assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users