• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jokersrwild

Jokersrwild

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

Need a little... well make that alot of help.

*Backstory*
See I am rather clueless to the mod scene so some time ago I purchased my first 360 which had already been modded. Well times have passed and I flashed my second 360 thinking this was simple and having trouble with my old 360 I decided to look into flashing the drive on this unit as well in order to see if that would help. Well I open up the box and find myself with a globe 360. Okay, well there are wires everywhere and so I figure maybe it would be best to piece things back together and abandon my flashing endevor. So I do only to discover that I now have 2/4 of the red ring of death after a little research it seems that it is the error that corresponds with unreadable firmware. So I figure that somewhere in the line of taking apart the old 360 one of the soldered wires came loose. Which leads me to my question.

*Question*
So now I need to know how to remove this globe 360 and get my xbox back up and running. From some reading I have heard that when the globe is installed it requires that you remove the leade wire from the drive. So how do I go about reverting and removing the changes made when installing the globe.

Also if I can't be walked through it maybe I can try to locate someone in the San Diego area that could assist me. (For a healthy fee of course)

Any Ideas?

Edited by Jokersrwild, 10 March 2010 - 04:54 AM.

#2 shtewps

shtewps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(Jokersrwild @ Mar 10 2010, 04:53 AM) View Post

Need a little... well make that alot of help.

*Backstory*
See I am rather clueless to the mod scene so some time ago I purchased my first 360 which had already been modded. Well times have passed and I flashed my second 360 thinking this was simple and having trouble with my old 360 I decided to look into flashing the drive on this unit as well in order to see if that would help. Well I open up the box and find myself with a globe 360. Okay, well there are wires everywhere and so I figure maybe it would be best to piece things back together and abandon my flashing endevor. So I do only to discover that I now have 2/4 of the red ring of death after a little research it seems that it is the error that corresponds with unreadable firmware. So I figure that somewhere in the line of taking apart the old 360 one of the soldered wires came loose. Which leads me to my question.

*Question*
So now I need to know how to remove this globe 360 and get my xbox back up and running. From some reading I have heard that when the globe is installed it requires that you remove the leade wire from the drive. So how do I go about reverting and removing the changes made when installing the globe.

Also if I can't be walked through it maybe I can try to locate someone in the San Diego area that could assist me. (For a healthy fee of course)

Any Ideas?

God those chips are horrible....

They make a 360 drive worse, always. Feel bad by the people who got suckered by them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users