• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Izrun

Izrun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:17 PM

I'm trying to create my own custom help screens (in a standard format, much easier to read than the scanned/screenshot versions). Anyway, I can get MXM to display it, but when it puts it on the screen it is zoomed in some (like ~15% or something). It doesn't display the entire image. Anyone know what the problem is (and it's not my image, because I've used yalls on the ftp and it still has the same problem)? Is there a way to define the resolution in an xml to make it display properly?

Also, one more question. Is 640x480 the only resolution supported for these images? I know there is no HD support, but if I made them 1920x1080 (for when/if 1080i gets added), would it squish them and still display?

Thanks (and I'm just lovin MXM. Started using because of my DVD burner, but I'm probably gunna switch as my default dash)

-Izrun

#2 Cofi

Cofi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:22 PM

1920*1080 is way overkill. That only takes memory, so i suggest 640*480. But I have no idea why it's zoomed. Haven't even tried help screens...

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Izrun @ Jun 30 2003, 10:17 AM)
I'm trying to create my own custom help screens (in a standard format, much easier to read than the scanned/screenshot versions). Anyway, I can get MXM to display it, but when it puts it on the screen it is zoomed in some (like ~15% or something). It doesn't display the entire image. Anyone know what the problem is (and it's not my image, because I've used yalls on the ftp and it still has the same problem)? Is there a way to define the resolution in an xml to make it display properly?

Also, one more question. Is 640x480 the only resolution supported for these images? I know there is no HD support, but if I made them 1920x1080 (for when/if 1080i gets added), would it squish them and still display?

Thanks (and I'm just lovin MXM. Started using because of my DVD burner, but I'm probably gunna switch as my default dash)

-Izrun

Well, first off, I am planning on adding some support for different screen resolutions and screen calibrations... I'd advise saving the images in 1920x1080 format for the future, but using 640x480 for current usage.

With any video game console related material, it's safe to assume that when displayed on a TV, you'll have a 25-pixel border around the edges. When composing DVDs and video, this is generally accepted and often editing apps provide guidelines specifically for this purpose.

So it's not really zoomed in, it's just that the TV isn't showing you the entire video image (it might be possible to adjust your set, but I'd advise against it.)

#4 Izrun

Izrun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cofi - I was going to do 1920x1080 because that's the resolution of 1080i and I've got a 1080i TV, so for the future it makes sense.

BJ - 25 pixel? Didn't know that. Thanks. Will the current version display the 1920x1080 image? Any ETA for the HD ability (I know you don't want to set a date, but any clue if it will be in a upcoming release or are you not working on that aspect yet? I've got a few DVDs that are about ready to burn but I'll wait if it will be in the near future).

Thanks.

-Izrun

Edited by Izrun, 30 June 2003 - 01:35 PM.

#5 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Izrun @ Jun 30 2003, 10:34 AM)
Thanks for the quick reply.

Cofi - I was going to do 1920x1080 because that's the resolution of 1080i and I've got a 1080i TV, so for the future it makes sense.

BJ - 25 pixel? Didn't know that. Thanks. Will the current version display the 1920x1080 image? Any ETA for the HD ability (I know you don't want to set a date, but any clue if it will be in a upcoming release or are you not working on that aspect yet? I've got a few DVDs that are about ready to burn but I'll wait if it will be in the near future).

Thanks.

-Izrun

No ETA on the screen calibration/HD support. It will require a lot of gruntwork to make it happen.

The downside of supporting it is that the images will consume a LOT of resources. I see M$ using 1024x512 image sizes to support HD, though, which should still look decent, particularly with scaling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users