• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 imran333

imran333

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

hi i need some help on how to replace my benq drive by flashing it ive got the new and old drive and ive flashed drives with ixtreme but want a tutorial on how to replace drive by flashing it

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

I think you didn't check the jungleflasher tutorial... did you? This is the best tutorial for flashing around.

#3 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(MadMaxGR @ Mar 11 2010, 02:26 AM) View Post

I think you didn't check the jungleflasher tutorial... did you? This is the best tutorial for flashing around.

Agreed. You don't even tell us what you're replacing the Benq with. If you're replacing it with another Benq, you might be able to just switch the drive boards, if you're replacing it with another maker you need to read the key, inject into the new drive and spoof.

#4 FoundationComputers

FoundationComputers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(justtaint @ Mar 13 2010, 11:37 AM) View Post

Agreed. You don't even tell us what you're replacing the Benq with. If you're replacing it with another Benq, you might be able to just switch the drive boards, if you're replacing it with another maker you need to read the key, inject into the new drive and spoof.

Hmm, where do you find what type of drive it is? Mine says on it that it is a Hitachi-LG, so where would I find a tutorial on how to flash it? Also, when he is talking about switching drives, where would one find the key? Is that covered in a tutorial somewhere?

#5 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(FoundationComputers @ Mar 13 2010, 05:40 PM) View Post

Hmm, where do you find what type of drive it is? Mine says on it that it is a Hitachi-LG, so where would I find a tutorial on how to flash it? Also, when he is talking about switching drives, where would one find the key? Is that covered in a tutorial somewhere?

What you're doing is called "threadjacking" and is frowned upon. Go to the Newbie Forum and do some reading.

#6 imran333

imran333

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(FoundationComputers @ Mar 14 2010, 01:40 AM) View Post

im replacing benq drive with benq but i dont want to replace the board just flash it and ive checked jungleflashed pdf file but theres no tutorial on replacing a benq dive with a benq drive by flashing it i maybe wrong if so what page is the tutorial on

#7 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(imran333 @ Mar 14 2010, 10:11 AM) View Post

im replacing benq drive with benq but i dont want to replace the board just flash it and ive checked jungleflashed pdf file but theres no tutorial on replacing a benq dive with a benq drive by flashing it i maybe wrong if so what page is the tutorial on

Get the key from the old Benq, insert the key into whatever firmware you want for the new Benq (iXtreme, LT, Stock), and then flash the new Benq with that firmware.

#8 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

All these are IN the jungleflasher tutorial and if you don't understand it, that is another issue. Generally you must do it as following:

1. Read old BENQ firmware and Key
2. Make few backups (just in case)
3. Flash the old BENQ firmware and Key into the new BENQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users