• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ahbaker91

ahbaker91

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

I couldn't find any guides to help differentiate the consoles. Maybe these pics could help? The seller is pretty clueless himself, but "thinks" there could be a launch 360. Any help? I could always have him take a better picture of the sticker if that helps.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by ahbaker91, 12 March 2010 - 01:19 AM.

#2 mrpervie

mrpervie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:05 AM

dont you have to open it up and actually look at the board?...cuz hell if you can do it this way i waisted like a hour of my life dry.gif

#3 ahbaker91

ahbaker91

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:14 AM

Well, I don't know much but I'm pretty sure you can differentiate the models by reading the power supply (12V in the picture provided). If I remember correctly, the Falcon (or whatever was introduced in 2008) was the first unit that was supposed to practically eliminate RROD. There were guides that let you simply look at the sticker through the boxes (the retail box) to confirm what the motherboard was, since there were obviously older models still in stores at the time.

But again, I know little to nothing. Just led to believe the stickers can tell just about all.

#4 trasixes

trasixes

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

IIRC, Xenon and Zephyr use that power supply. No way to tell which unless you open the 360, that I recall.

#5 Deathtrap

Deathtrap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

If it has HDMI it's a Zephyr it's not got HDMI then its prob a Xenon... Do remember cases can be swapped so the only 100% way to tell is crack it open and have a look.

Drive will be either
# Hitachi-LG
# Toshiba-Samsung

unless it's been replaced at some point...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users