• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daleswanson

daleswanson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

So I am looking to run an Xbox as a bit torrent, and possibly NAS box. I have already got DSL and bit torrent running, I have no problems there. My question is how does the Xbox DSL partition work?

I understand, you can mount the FatX partitions, and all that. If I understand correctly the entire Xbox DSL partition is contained within a single file on whatever real partition you have it installed (F: in my case). If I'm going to be using this for torrents I will need this partition to be quite large. So how do I make it 100GB+? Will it expand as it's filled (doubtful)?

Also won't the 2GB file limit in FatX prevent it from ever being > 2GB? I'd like to retain the ability to use the Xbox as a normal modded Xbox (emulators, XBMC, Xbox Games). Should I just format one of the extra partitions in ext3, and then mount that? If so can it do F: at 137GB, and then do the rest (~160GB) as one ext3? I realize that only DSL will be able to access that partition, that is fine.

If that is the case, what is the best way to do this? Just mod it, and set the first 137GB extra space up as an F:, with the last ~160GB as unpartitioned, then partition that from within DSL?

#2 daleswanson

daleswanson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

So I learned about loopback and native installs. However I am unable to do a native install on my 320GB HDD. I tried changing the F and G partitions to several different configurations. I've tried F-120, G-rest; F-120, G-120, rest unpartitioned; F-120, rest unpartitioned; all unpartitioned. None of those worked. Every time I get an error that the tool hasn't been tested on > 137GB HDDs.

Is it really impossible to install X-DSL on a > 137GB HDD? If not then what am I doing wrong?

#3 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

http://web.archive.o...ki/Partitioning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users