8 replies to this topic

#1 arcadejam

arcadejam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hello everyone

Im new and this is my first post, unfortunatly its because im having a problem.

I recently bought a modded xbox with a nice big hard drive for my little boy. It came with several xbox games and a snes emulator installed aswell as dvd2xbox. smile.gif

Unfortunatly dvd2xbox wouldnt work, it would just launch and hang at a black screen meaning I had to restart the xbox. So I set up an FTP and installed a new version of dvd2xbox which works fine.

Since then I have installed more xbox games using dvd2xbox and through FTP, all of these work perfectly.

Now my problem. I have tried installing some new emu's neogenesis, surreal64 and mameox. I also tried mario wars. The only 1 that works is neogenesis, all the others just hang at a black screen like dvd2xbox did.

I thought they we're perhaps bad downloads so i tried different versions, again the same problem.

A friend of mine also has a chipped box, so I tried FTP'ing the emu's onto his box and they all work perfectly??

Both xbox's are using xbmc as the dash if that makes any diffrence.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jamie

#2 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

A really wild guess here but here goes.
You don't say which dashboard your using.
Some Dashboards have an option to patch the xbe.
This breaks some stuff. Just check in case.

#3 arcadejam

arcadejam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply

I did say what dash i was using, xbox media center. I havent seen the option to patch the xbe but i'll check and see if that helps.

I'll post back and let you know 1 way or the other.

Thanks again

#4 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

go into your file exporer of xbmc and go to your E drive,there you will se a file called cache.delete this file and reboot your xbox and try again.
dvd2xbox automatically patches your default.xbes when you copy over files with it,my advice would be to use the xbmc file manager to copy over the files to your xbox.

#5 arcadejam

arcadejam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I cant actually get on the xbox at the min, my little boys to busy playing Sonic Heroeos lol.

As soon as I get a chance I will clear the cache and try again tho.

#6 arcadejam

arcadejam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

Hello again

Just to update i've still not solved this problem and its driving me mad grr.gif

I've tried Ftp'ing the emus onto the box, ive tried copying them with dvd2xbox and using xbmc file manager.

No matter what i seem to do certain things just run a black screen on this box. I downloaded the big ass emulator discs ( thanks for the link by the way biggrin.gif ) and the mame disc has installed no problems. But the FBA disc just runs a black screen even directly from the disc. I tried it in another box and it works perfectly and installed to the hard drive without any problems.

Has anyone got any ideas??????

#7 flux2k

flux2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

Make sure you're ftping using binary and not ascii?

#8 neil222

neil222

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

Maybe try patching your "default.xbe" file with "Qwix" or another program (Dexbe).
Backup the file beforehand though...

#9 Trebz

Trebz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:___
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

One comment from me.....

Whenever i have a game / emulator give a black screen it means that there's a file missing somewhere.

I'm not an emulator guru by any means but i do on occasion have to re copy via DVD 2 Xbox to have the game copy correctly. Some games simply never copy.

Ok...done now...

Trebz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users