• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 splashmatic

splashmatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

I am playing ff8, I fixed the menu problems with the old frameskip on, frameskip off, frame limit on. I was playing it last night and using save states and load states like it wasn't anybodies business and I go to play it this morning and it freezes whenever I push L + White! I was crushed. But then I says to myself I says I'm a smart guy, I can figure this out. So I click R3, go to load state, it brings up the menu and I load state 2 and it freezes again! It freezes whenever I try to save too. I've turned off the autoload and still nothing. I'm crying inside and can't find anything about this in the FAQS! Please help me gaiz, thaaaaanks!

#2 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

Did you try this?

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=493757

#3 splashmatic

splashmatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

yes and like I said, I can't find anything about it. the game doesn't freeze while I'm playing, but the emulator freezes when I try to load state and save state. I tried turning cpu interpreter on and then off but that doesn't work either

#4 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

I think you just learned a rough lesson man. It's happened to me enough to know.

I rotate my save games.... at least 3 to 5 of them while I play an RPG like that. Sometimes saves just get messed up and are unplayable. Happened a lot to me while playing Might & Magic III on ZSNESXBox as well as a few times in Arc the Lad and Parasite Eve on the PSX. Most games for me it never seems to happen, but man it sucks when it does.

Did you ever save the game the way it was intended in the game at all? You could probably load up the CD and at least start from whatever was the last time you saved it.

Good luck,
~Rx

#5 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(splashmatic @ Mar 13 2010, 06:29 PM) View Post

yes and like I said, I can't find anything about it. the game doesn't freeze while I'm playing, but the emulator freezes when I try to load state and save state. I tried turning cpu interpreter on and then off but that doesn't work either

Maybe something got corrupted with the emulator? If you have a huge hard drive and don't have the proper cluster size on your partitions files can vanish from within programs. I found this out when GTA: VC kept freezing when I would try to go to a new island.... turned out that game (as well as all my others) had been corrupted due to the wrong cluster size.

I would copy your saves, install a fresh build of the Emu and give it a try to see if it works. And if you do have the wrong clusters, fix that first.

#6 splashmatic

splashmatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

ugh i do have a virtual memory card save and I'll just have to play from there. I just beat X-ATM092 in the Dollet Mission and ended up getting like 400 AP. it was beautiful. oh well, back to farming haha

sweet, thanks man, i'll try that. i'm on a mission to beat the game this time, especially since when I was younger I didn't understand everything that was going on

#7 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

Glad you at least didn't have to start over. cool.gif

Good luck man. It was a great game that I never finished either. When I get my work done around here I plan on having some good times with those old Final Fantasy games myself.

Later,
~Rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users