• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

I have been coming here for while, and reading all the wonderful tutorials, they have made my life much easier, I choose not to ask questions normally due to the amount of smartass comments i see other people getting for asking questions, so I am going to take a chance and ask sleep.gif

Been working on this xbox i have for 2 weeks now, I have followed all the tutorials i could find, and successfully softmodded the xbox, with the Ndure disk, now i got brave and wanted to upgrade to 80 gig drive, again, followed tutorials, backed up all files through ftp, added all to xbhdm 1.9, including eeprom.bin, successfully unlocked stock harddrive, cloned to the 80gig, verified all files had been copied through xbrowser, wrote down all info, got text file hddinfo and double checked, now i can't lock either drive, and xbox will not work, tried several other methods, no luck, any ideas what I am doing wrong, please help blink.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

How are you trying to lock the drive?

#3 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

I have tried to lock drive with option 3 on xbhdm 1.9, have the lock key I got from hdinfo in eeprom folder, be damed if i can get it to work sad.gif

Have tried " lockhd -a " put whole c and e folders in linux folder that i ftp' ed from xbox, i put all the right folders in all the right places, burned it, the drive unlocked, " unlockhd -a " , but will not relock, nor the cloned one sad.gif

Thanks for the response biggrin.gif

Edited by redman2770, 16 March 2010 - 03:17 AM.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

On what is your statement based that the disk isn't locking anymore?

A frequently occuring problem is the eeprom.bin file name in the eeprom folder not being all lowercase characters.

If an unlocked harddisk is installed in a xbox, it will go into an error 5 screen.
If the disk is locked with the wrong password, you will get an error 6.

The very first 1.0 xbox types didn't show the error number on their screen.

regards.

#5 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

First, thanks for the prompt responses biggrin.gif

I have gotten both 5 and 6 codes, tried locking the drive with that AT... whatever program, locked it with the code from hdinfo.txt file, it locked but gave me code 6, xbox could not unlock.....

Since I have all the files from the xbox harddrive on my PC, is there any way to format the drive, and rebuild it, then lock it with a password that will work, do I need to use " Option 2 " on xbhdm and generate a new password somehow?

#6 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

What if I rebuild "Hd From Scratch" , will I be able to generate a new password? sad.gif

#7 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(redman2770 @ Mar 17 2010, 07:33 PM) View Post

What if I rebuild "Hd From Scratch" , will I be able to generate a new password? sad.gif

No.

Virtual eeprom was probably enabled when you did the eeprom backup and hence error 6. You shouldn't have unlocked the original hdd. I hope you didn't use hotswapping to install Ndure because it means you don't have a good copy of the eeprom contents. Verify eeprom.bin with LiveInfo beta 3 and the serial no on the back of the xbox casing.

You have to build the eeprom reader now.

EDIT: You shouldn't type the password manually, the error 6 may be caused by that. Try unlocking with the master password XBOXSCENE with ATAPWD.

Edited by ldotsfan, 17 March 2010 - 01:17 PM.

#8 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

I did use hotswapping method, but I also used config magic to back up eeprom, i have copy of whole xbox harddrive on my pc, i ftped the whole c and e folders to my computer. I read that you have to unlock xbox harddrive to make clone, was trying to clone to 80gig harddrive, used xbhdm 1.9, put all files in right placed on the xbhdm 1.9 disk, then burned it,used eeprom.bin from backup folder on e drive that i backed up with config magic, and used xbhdm 1.9 to unlock stock harddrive with " unlockhd -a " which successfully unlocked it, cloned harddrive, then went to lock new harddrive " lockhd -a " which then said aborting????
Tried various other ways, but, was i supposed to generate new password somehow?

Been looking for this " Live info" program, every copy I download for some reason does not work for me, or i am not using it correctly, this program is a windows based program? ..and if so, what do i need to make it work, again, thanks for the help biggrin.gif

Edited by redman2770, 17 March 2010 - 02:28 PM.

#9 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

1. Is 80Gb hdd in this list?
2. LiveInfo Beta 3 here

If you managed to unlock original hdd with eeprom.bin, it should be the right eeprom.bin. Verify with LiveInfo.

#10 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

Yes, the harddrive is in the list, and thanks, this time got working copy of Liveinfo, thanks so much biggrin.gif

#11 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Mar 17 2010, 10:10 AM) View Post

1. Is 80Gb hdd in this list?
2. LiveInfo Beta 3 here

If you managed to unlock original hdd with eeprom.bin, it should be the right eeprom.bin. Verify with LiveInfo.

Liveinfo works, but i think i just trashed stock drive, still have total contents of stock drive on pc

Been reading up on this swaping the stock harddrive, with a larger hard drive, through a rescure disk( frosty's) or a disk that you have created,using the xbox and powering the other harddrive externally, can you point me in direction of your disk please?

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=659887

Edited by redman2770, 18 March 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#12 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

give option 2 a try at this point what could it hurt

#13 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(redman2770 @ Mar 19 2010, 02:26 AM) View Post

Been reading up on this swaping the stock harddrive, with a larger hard drive, through a rescure disk( frosty's) or a disk that you have created,using the xbox and powering the other harddrive externally, can you point me in direction of your disk please?

Heimdall's HeXen disc implements lxhdm.

However it's irrelevant unless the stock hdd is in working condition. And you never reported on the LiveInfo verification: does the eeprom serial no match with casing's sticker?

#14 redman2770

redman2770

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

However it's irrelevant unless the stock hdd is in working condition. And you never reported on the LiveInfo verification: does the eeprom serial no match with casing's sticker?
[/quote]

Stock harddrive is ok now, unlocked, and , all files still there, looked with xbrowser, any chance I can lock this drive correctly, its right in front of me, but just uhh.gif
PS2**PSP**xbox360**** Iphone and Itouch***.......No Problem***.......xbox..... sad.gif this sucks

Edited by redman2770, 21 March 2010 - 08:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users