X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Mar 18 2010, 12:48 AM) View Post

Cool but where did you get that picture , i doubt there is someone with a valhalla at home , we woul dhave heard about it already.

You couldn't tell it was photoshopped? Seriously?

And yet you thought the motherboard was fake!

I'll give you a clue when judging images which have been manipulated: Only the ELITE get it right for lighting, shading and perspective.

#107 Erfan223

Erfan223

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

I agree somewhat with crisdo98..... Did anyone pay attention to the update that MS was hiring tech engineers for motherboard design? this could well be some dudes idea...maybe there are quite a few designs on the "new" motherboard but this got leaked somehow. But then again, how could someone deign this motherboard, even with all its lackings, in 4 days or so?? Possibilities are kinda endless.

#108 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(sektor1062 @ Mar 17 2010, 05:05 PM) View Post

those aren't all jumpers/pin headers. Eyes are useful

right connector looks like dual usb to me and left connector could be memory card.

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 17 2010, 08:19 PM) View Post
Must admit I noticed that too - wonder why they went back to using 8x64 when it MUST be cheaper to use 4x128 ?

probably because microsoft has a million xenons sitting in a pile with perfectly good ram chips smile.gif

#109 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 18 2010, 10:40 AM) View Post

You couldn't tell it was photoshopped? Seriously?

And yet you thought the motherboard was fake!

I'll give you a clue when judging images which have been manipulated: Only the ELITE get it right for lighting, shading and perspective.

Nah bro that was called sarcasm , still looks pretty cool. If that MoBo was in that case the case would need to be longer in the back , i commented that it would have to look something like that , but i also said i was glad he didnt try to push it over as real. I edited that post because i was about to go off about how fake it was and he had already posted that he was checking out his Photoshop skills. I'm not as skeptical of the motherboard after looking more carefully at the traces as you suggested. You just like coming on here and trying to start shit with me don't you man haha , i'm not the only one who thought the MoBo was a fake i was probably the 3rd person to say that.
On another note , when asked about it Steve Ballmer said he doesn't answer questions about rumors or speculation , which leads me to believe it may be legit , as long as the article i read was legit. And i searched the internet for more information too see if it could be confirmed , i don't use xbox-scene as my only source of information , it's just the best one.

#110 halleluia

halleluia

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

I dont know weather you guys noticed this but this looks like the eject button to me

IPB Image

#111 ccfman2004

ccfman2004

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(halleluia @ Mar 18 2010, 05:23 PM) View Post

I dont know weather you guys noticed this but this looks like the eject button to me

IPB Image

That's probably the sync button.

#112 Pacotera

Pacotera

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

Lol at people screaming fake without knowing just about anything...

X360 board pics leaked before and the turned out to be true....

#113 ConteZero76

ConteZero76

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

2 SATA... this means:

1. Microsoft is going to allow free HDD swap on XBox360-slim

or

2. The custom HDD connector is on the chassis

As for eject... eject commands can be issued via ATA/SATA so there's no need for an additional key/connector.

Edited by ConteZero76, 18 March 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#114 snowolfvx900

snowolfvx900

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

For all the people talking about the dvd eject button or lack there of... if you look to the RIGHT of the Sync/eject button, you will see another spot for.... another button. dry.gif

Edited by snowolfvx900, 18 March 2010 - 07:29 PM.

#115 bootmaker

bootmaker

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

I had this doubt about conector number 9 (is this single mem. card ou two sided usb?)

IPB Image

Check this out:

http://www.joystiq.c...in-2010-update/

This way, mem. card slot may be gone forever.
So, my best guest about conector 9 now is: Two USB ports.

#116 snowolfvx900

snowolfvx900

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(bootmaker @ Mar 18 2010, 12:31 PM) View Post

I had this doubt about conector number 9 (is this single mem. card ou two sided usb?)

IPB Image

Check this out:

http://www.joystiq.c...in-2010-update/

This way, mem. card slot may be gone forever.

WOW! I just looked at THAT picture and you can see the "ODD EJECT" written on the board. The red button that is there now says... power? Hmm

#117 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

At first I thought it was a V1.0 Xbox 1 mobo laugh.gif If it's slim, it's probably just trying to counter the PS3 slim, and M$ will say it's revolutionary and innovative..

#118 rtechie

rtechie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

Everything about the board screams cost-reduction. Connectors are removed, board is shrunk, traces are shortened. If someone mocked this up they did a very good job making a "cheap" 360, which is exactly what we expect to see.

It also looks like the DVD-ROM drive will rest on top, similar to the current arraignment. I think this means the HEIGHT on the 360 slim will stay the same but the other dimensions will shrink i.e. current dimensions are 3.25 x 12 x 10 and the new dimensions might be 3.25 x 10 x 8. Some have speculated that this board might use a "flip top" top loading DVD-ROM drive. While "flip top" drives ARE cheaper, I hope they don't do this. The MTBF of flip top drives is less than half of other types and flip top drives horribly scratch discs worse than other drives.

I had also heard from a reliable source that there will be a new console launch holiday 2010 to coincide with Natal. I have no details to offer on this console. What I heard (more or less exactly) was, "We know that, that's why we're bundling Natal with a new console." This was in response to my comment, "Console accessories don't sell. Don't let Guitar Hero fool you." And that comment was in response to the proposed price point of $199 for Natal. In context, "new console" didn't just mean "any new XBOX 360" but a new console design. This conversation was in early 2009, I didn't even know what Natal was (it was described to me as a "camera") and discussion was about a launch for holiday 2009. So plans have definitely changed.

Based on all of the above it's almost certainly real. I'd bet money on it, and in fact I am.

#119 Jinkz

Jinkz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

Looks like bog standard mini-itx board to me, proportions are completely wrong all over it, as well as the supposed slots for power and memory card...

#120 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Mar 18 2010, 03:57 PM) View Post

Nah bro that was called sarcasm , still looks pretty cool. If that MoBo was in that case the case would need to be longer in the back , i commented that it would have to look something like that , but i also said i was glad he didnt try to push it over as real. I edited that post because i was about to go off about how fake it was and he had already posted that he was checking out his Photoshop skills. I'm not as skeptical of the motherboard after looking more carefully at the traces as you suggested. You just like coming on here and trying to start shit with me don't you man haha , i'm not the only one who thought the MoBo was a fake i was probably the 3rd person to say that.
On another note , when asked about it Steve Ballmer said he doesn't answer questions about rumors or speculation , which leads me to believe it may be legit , as long as the article i read was legit. And i searched the internet for more information too see if it could be confirmed , i don't use xbox-scene as my only source of information , it's just the best one.

Advice - sarcasm doesn't work when you're writing text (unless you hint). wink.gif

No, you weren't the first to scream fake, but you did scream fake nonetheless. Messageboards aren't live - you get time to inspect the goods before posting. Maybe looking before you leap next time - those of us who agree it's a proto board do so because we spent a good amount of time going over it with a fine tooth comb!

Don't rely on going to other sites for confirmation when something gets leaked as depending on the age and information available, you may not be able to substantiate it. As an example, some tool on another website took a forum entry out of context and dismissed the board as fake. A really good example of not reading before shooting your mouth off !

cool.gif

QUOTE(Jinkz @ Mar 18 2010, 08:28 PM) View Post

Looks like bog standard mini-itx board to me, proportions are completely wrong all over it, as well as the supposed slots for power and memory card...

A good example of someone not looking before posting...

juggahax0r - this is how to make a complete arse of yourself!

QUOTE(bootmaker @ Mar 18 2010, 06:31 PM) View Post

Looking at it again, I believe you're right. The 2 pairs of prongs on the top are used on standard USB sockets to help hold the connector in place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users