• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jjohnny1212

jjohnny1212

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

Ok I just flashed my xbox 360 after making sure it has dashboard 8955 which I presumed was the latest system update. Then I got mass effect 2 and battlefield bad company 2 and made backups of those. Loaded the games in and xbox live wants a game update. I dunno if I should apply the game updates as I don't want to get banned. So basically asking if anyone has done a game update for these games on xbox live and if its ok. Searched the web and it says the mass effect 2 has a system update for wave 6 games, but not to much information on this. so I dunno what to do now.

1. should i apply the game update?

2. should i reflash the drive to stock and do the game update?

3. do i have to reflash the drive back to stock for all the game updates?

4. can i take the moddded xbox Harddrive, plug it into my stock xbox which is not flashed and get the game update and put it back into my xbox with lt, will this work?

Try searching but didn't find any informative responses. trying to figure out the safest way to not get my system banned. I know there is already a risk.

thanks in advance for any advise

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Connecting to LIVE after playing a copy of a game could get you banned. I don't think it matters if you re-flash your drive to stock.

Read this thread.

#3 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:08 AM

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. That should work but why bother. MS might be able to detect the drive firmware without even having a disk in the drive. What you could do though is put the original in the drive do the update then put the backup in.

Until some one that works for MS and is 100% sure of what causes people to get banned then dont sweat the small stuff.

#4 sharpo

sharpo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(jjohnny1212 @ Mar 17 2010, 10:57 PM) View Post

Ok I just flashed my xbox 360 after making sure it has dashboard 8955 which I presumed was the latest system update. Then I got mass effect 2 and battlefield bad company 2 and made backups of those. Loaded the games in and xbox live wants a game update. I dunno if I should intrattenimento apply the game updates as I don't want to get banned. So basically asking if anyone has done a game update for these games on xbox live and if its ok. Searched the web and it says the mass effect 2 has a system update for wave 6 games, but not to much information on this. so I dunno what to do now.

1. should i apply the game update?

2. should i reflash the drive to stock and do the game update?

3. do i have to reflash the drive back to stock for all the game updates?

4. can i take the moddded xbox Harddrive, plug it into my stock xbox which is not flashed and get the game update and put it back into my xbox with lt, will this work?

Try searching but didn't find any informative responses. trying to figure out the safest way to not get my system banned. I know there is already a risk.

thanks in advance for any advise

do i have to reflash the drive back to stock for all the game updates?

#5 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

It's generally considered that you only need to flash back to stock for dashboard updates (ie dash 8995 to 9199), game updates AFAIK don't flag your console.

#6 Saiyanjin2

Saiyanjin2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

I have a 360 with ixtreme 1.6 and have been using it on live with many games, and have never been banned. Can someone explain why ? I 1st got the 360 flashed after I was part of the 360 dash beta basically the last update last November. I didn't use the 360 for 2 months because I thought it be banned from live if i log in to it. But When I used it live worked great no matter what game I used. I do play games from the hard drive as my 360 has a bad DVD drive, some times it takes a few tries when installing games to the HDD. I dont have the newer 1.7 TL as i dont know how to flash the 360 myself, the reason I'm asking it because I would like to update the drive and get the newer firmware.

Edited by Saiyanjin2, 18 June 2010 - 10:58 PM.

#7 smith111

smith111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for sharing ni muhaha.gif ce post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users