• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

As a gift, my bro took my 360 downtown and got it modded.
I don't know HOW they did it, I don't even know WHAT they did.
All I know is that now I can play backups.
The thing is, I DON'T WANT my 360 to be modded, because I'm scared of getting banned.

How do I undo this? Should I even have anything to worry about?
If I play only ORIGINAL games online will I get banned?
I can post pictures if required.

Thanks in advance!
Gaston.

Edited by toetallnoob, 18 March 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#2 trasixes

trasixes

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

To undo what has been done, you'd need the backup of the original DVD firmware (if only the dvd drive has been flashed), and if it has had the nand flashed, you'll need a backup of the original nand.

First thing though, you need to find out what they modded exactly, and oh yeah, don't connect to live at all.

#3 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(trasixes @ Mar 18 2010, 09:42 PM) View Post

To undo what has been done, you'd need the backup of the original DVD firmware (if only the dvd drive has been flashed), and if it has had the nand flashed, you'll need a backup of the original nand.

First thing though, you need to find out what they modded exactly, and oh yeah, don't connect to live at all.

Thanks for the fast reply man.
The thing is, how do I find out what they modded?
And where can I find a backup of the original DVD firmware, or the original nand?

#4 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

UPDATE: Apparently I have a 'BenQ VAD6038' drive. I've been reading some stuff on other forums, found the original firmware for my drive, but some bro posted something that got me worried..

He said:
"Once you have flashed your drive you will always have a risk of being banned...even if you do flash it back. however, all you need to do is remake your iprep usb stick, and insert your FW into the respected folders the CFW, and OFW i believe, and boot off the stick, and run the rBen command, and it will restore it back to normal."

What does this mean? Is there a tutorial somewhere that will help me do this?
Thanks.

#5 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

Someone please help me !!

#6 avineyard

avineyard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

Firstly why did you let your brother take your box and mod it if you didn't want it modded? That's the real question here.

Second, you need to ask either him or the shop/person that did it what they moddified and if they happen to have your original data still.

find that info out first and we'll go from there.

#7 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(avineyard @ Mar 19 2010, 12:36 AM) View Post

Firstly why did you let your brother take your box and mod it if you didn't want it modded? That's the real question here.

Second, you need to ask either him or the shop/person that did it what they moddified and if they happen to have your original data still.

find that info out first and we'll go from there.

Oh boy, you're a smart one.
It was supposed to be a surprise birthday present for me.
I was not supposed to find out that he took it.
And that's NOT the question.
My brother doesn't even know where he got it done.
I need to know what was modified myself, and revert what was done.
Can someone help me do this without witty banter?

Thank you.

#8 LiarInGlass

LiarInGlass

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:08 AM

Looks like the smart one is you.

If I were you I'd tell your brother he owes you a new Xbox 360 and to not take something that is yours and do whatever he wants to it without even knowing what was done.

For all you know they could have gut-swapped your 360 with a motherboard that is going to fail tomorrow.

Damn, I swear, some people just have no clue about things..

As for your question, there's no telling what was done since I, nor anybody else on this forum was there nor were we the ones doing whatever was done to your Xbox 360.

Since it's a BenQ drive, it most likely was firmware modded.

You can take the Xbox 360 apart, and plug it in via a SATA cable to your PC and power the 360 on and if you have a compatible chipset you could open JungleFlasher and it should display the drive on there and show you what version of iXtreme it was flashed with.

Hopefully it was flashed with iXtreme LT firmware, which is the safest out right now.

If you could get the drive key via JTAG if it was by some chance JTAG'd then you could flash back the original firmware.

Advice: Next time don't let things that are yours that you don't want messed with to be in the hands of someone like your brother who obviously you shouldn't trust if he's going to take something of yours and do something with it at a place that he doesn't even know where he got it done at. That's just trouble written all over it.

Oh, and nobody is going to help you with smart ass little comments like you've made. It's not our fault that this happened and it's not our job to help you at all if we wish not to. You can't just magically revert what was done. It doesn't work like that.

Spend more time asking your brother what his problem is and why he doesn't even know where this was done and that it's his responsibility to getting it reverted or else buying you a new console.

Edited by LiarInGlass, 19 March 2010 - 01:10 AM.

#9 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(LiarInGlass @ Mar 19 2010, 01:08 AM) View Post

Looks like the smart one is you.

If I were you I'd tell your brother he owes you a new Xbox 360 and to not take something that is yours and do whatever he wants to it without even knowing what was done.

For all you know they could have gut-swapped your 360 with a motherboard that is going to fail tomorrow.

Damn, I swear, some people just have no clue about things..

As for your question, there's no telling what was done since I, nor anybody else on this forum was there nor were we the ones doing whatever was done to your Xbox 360.

Since it's a BenQ drive, it most likely was firmware modded.

You can take the Xbox 360 apart, and plug it in via a SATA cable to your PC and power the 360 on and if you have a compatible chipset you could open JungleFlasher and it should display the drive on there and show you what version of iXtreme it was flashed with.

Hopefully it was flashed with iXtreme LT firmware, which is the safest out right now.

If you could get the drive key via JTAG if it was by some chance JTAG'd then you could flash back the original firmware.

Advice: Next time don't let things that are yours that you don't want messed with to be in the hands of someone like your brother who obviously you shouldn't trust if he's going to take something of yours and do something with it at a place that he doesn't even know where he got it done at. That's just trouble written all over it.

Oh, and nobody is going to help you with smart ass little comments like you've made. It's not our fault that this happened and it's not our job to help you at all if we wish not to. You can't just magically revert what was done. It doesn't work like that.

Spend more time asking your brother what his problem is and why he doesn't even know where this was done and that it's his responsibility to getting it reverted or else buying you a new console.

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME.
And what happens between my brother and I should not be discussed in this forum. Seriously. I shouldn't have even mentioned my brother. For all you should care, he is not a variable in my situation. He will not change the way the situation is handled, so why bother? 'smart ass little comments' ? I just don't like people on the Internet suggesting how I should handle my personal life... He started it, Mom! biggrin.gif

#10 avineyard

avineyard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

Appreciate the back up there liaringlass.

Toetallnoob you live up to your name at this point with a brand new introduction to this forum and taking out your frustration with your personal problem on the members of this board. If he took the box to be done he should know where it went. There's a chain, follow it and find out. I don't think the nand has anything to do with getting your box to play back ups, and few people will just do nand work without a cause. Chances are this is firmware as pointed out by liaringlass. Follow what he said, find out what firmware your drive has and maybe if you're a little more polite people will help you past there.

#11 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE(avineyard @ Mar 19 2010, 01:38 AM) View Post

Appreciate the back up there liaringlass.

Toetallnoob you live up to your name at this point with a brand new introduction to this forum and taking out your frustration with your personal problem on the members of this board. If he took the box to be done he should know where it went. There's a chain, follow it and find out. I don't think the nand has anything to do with getting your box to play back ups, and few people will just do nand work without a cause. Chances are this is firmware as pointed out by liaringlass. Follow what he said, find out what firmware your drive has and maybe if you're a little more polite people will help you past there.

I apologize to both LiarInGlass and you. I agree, I should be more polite.
Just please don't talk about my brother. You don't know him.

How can I find out what firmware I have?

#12 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

oh my days, that's got to be the most hilarious thing I've read all day, I can imagine the situation

Bro 1: Hey I got your present done

Bro2: What is it

Bro1: I got your 360 flashed so you can play backups

Bro2: You idiot, thanks for destroying my warranty and you gave me that as a BDAY present laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm sure it was with good intention, On the subject though hope you get it sorted..and remember to search there's lots of info there..

Edited by bucko, 19 March 2010 - 01:59 AM.

#13 avineyard

avineyard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

No one is "talking" about your brother simply saying if he was the means by which the box was modded the most logical place to start would be with him. However as this appears to be out of the question follow the jungleflasher advice posted from liaringlass and report back.

#14 toetallnoob

toetallnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(avineyard @ Mar 19 2010, 01:55 AM) View Post

No one is "talking" about your brother simply saying if he was the means by which the box was modded the most logical place to start would be with him. However as this appears to be out of the question follow the jungleflasher advice posted from liaringlass and report back.

Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble with JungleFlasher... With their guide I found out that I actually have a Lite-On PLDS DG-16D2S(-09C)... also, I do not own a SATA cable.

Awaiting your reply.

#15 avineyard

avineyard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

Have you opened your box and looked at the top of your dvdrom? It sounds like you thought you had a benq but are finding out its a liteon, does this mean you were going off of how the tray looks? You need to open up the box and look at the drive so you can know specifically what piece of hardware you're going to be working with.

Also, if you intend to do this on your own as in not take it to someone, you will have to invest in a sata cable. I like using a connectivity kit as well as it just makes things simpler but it's not completely necessary as jungleflasher points out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users