• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elevencross

elevencross

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

I have spent the last three days looking on forums and googling this topic. Can someone please help, here is my problem:

I have a soft-modded xbox (dont know what version but have read how to check so standby), i did not do the soft mod. The problem started when my xbmc wouldnt play nice with windows vista. It kept freezing randomly in the GUI. I read that it had to be upgraded so i downloaded the latest version from T3ch. I ftp'd the new build to the xbox and used the dvd2xbox file manager to transfer it to E:\apps. The damn dvd2xbox app froze mid-way overwriting the old xbmc (as a dash) so now the stupid xbox when just freeze at the main xbox splash screen.

Ive also read that the bios installed when it was softmodded in 2006 may have been an issue but cant find anything definative on changing a softmoded bios.

I am going to use slayers boot cd to gain access to the xbox via ftp (hopefully this works) to get my eeprom file and backup C drive.

Heres is what i want my xbox to do: larger hard drive, an xbmc that will play nice vista, a bios that wont mess things up........................so..................

how do i repair this softmod to do that

Edited by elevencross, 19 March 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#2 GTTeancum

GTTeancum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

First off there's really no need for the language. Secondly I'd start from scratch. Go pick up a copy of Splinter Cell and an Action Replay and do a "classic" style softmod with whatever installer you want to use. If there's freezing that's likely something different though -- sounds like dying hardware to me.

#3 elevencross

elevencross

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

Would the hard drive be failing or the entire xbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users