X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:softmods, xbox linux,
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

i started downloading video files to playback in xbmc. i saved them to the xdsl home folder/FS, and then copied them onto the xbox partition to watch them via xbmc.

after i copied the files, i then deleted the originals from the xdsl home where they were downloaded. now i have noticed however that my FS space is still being consumed, its practically to the gills now. how can i "empty" the deleted files to regain my FS space? i dont want to have to reinstall and reupdate everytime i download new content because i can't find the trash can on this thing.

some help, please and thanks.

#2 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

I always delete with "shift+delete" like with windows and have no issues. This bypasses the recycle bin.

You can also download straight to fatx and not worry about coping them if you want. You should be able to auto mount the partition on startup and set the download directory to there.

Or you can switch to a kde desktop and have the recycle bin built in. Install kde then make a file called .xsession and drop it in your home directory. add the command "exec startkde" to the file and save it. Reboot and be welcomed to a standard kde desktop that has the built in recycle bin.

If you want another desktop it should work the same way with the command I mentioned above. Just call to the other desktop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users