5 replies to this topic

#1 ifantig

ifantig

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 06:08 PM

I just finished putting my Xbox in a PC case, however I have a problem with the video. I get lines across the screen no matter what type of video I use (S-video, composite, etc.). I'm thinking it has something to do with grounding the motherboard. I haven't grounded it at all points, in other words I used 3 screws to mount it to the pc case instead of all the available screw holes. Is my theory correct, or can something else be causing this. I'm also getting a "Your Xbox requires service" message when I turn the modchip off which I never got before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ifantig

ifantig

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:23 PM

well, I just grounded all points and still no good. There's still a thick purple bar going up the screen over and over again.

mad.gif

#3 ASheva10

ASheva10

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:29 PM

make sure that there's nothing under the motherboard that can interfere with the video connector. I put my xbox into a pc case and it works fine, eventhough, I only have 5 screws.

#4 omen808

omen808

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:35 PM

yeah... make sure you have some kind of insulation keeping your electrical connections away from the case...

#5 ifantig

ifantig

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 09:08 PM

I figured it out, thanks guys for the replies. Well, I decided to turn up the volume on my TV and guess what? I heard a bunch of noise. I figured this had something to do with the power supply causing interference and that's exactly what it was. I had grounded the power supply to the PC case which was also the ground for the motherboard and this was causing the interference. I removed the wire I had used for grounding and viola...problem solved.

biggrin.gif

Edited by ifantig, 30 June 2003 - 09:09 PM.

#6 miamimods

miamimods

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:$30 Dollar Mod install charge<br>I do most hardware and case mods<br>

Posted 02 July 2003 - 01:48 AM

smart i had a simmilar problem that i solved didnt see your post till now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users