• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zenn68

zenn68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

I ran the XboxHDM/UnleashX + Ndure softmod on my Xbox. Worked flawlessly, then installed XBMC.
I want to run XBMC as the default dash, but cant get it working. I followed all the steps from the XBMC wiki, and from some posts on their forums. Seems no matter what I do UnleashX always loads.

I removed all the files from D:\dash then copied over and reneamed the new shortcut xbe supplied by T3HC. created the cfg with a path to the xbmc.xbe

What am I doing wrong, is there another cfg or xml file that I need to edit other than whats in d:\dash.
There is nothing in thew C:\ drive on the xbox.

Edited by zenn68, 21 March 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

Kingroach NDURE installs its default dashboard at E:\Dash\default.xbe. Is that the one you are replacing with the XBMC shortcut?

#3 zenn68

zenn68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 21 2010, 08:12 PM) View Post

Kingroach NDURE installs its default dashboard at E:\Dash\default.xbe. Is that the one you are replacing with the XBMC shortcut?

Yes, After doing a backup I renamed XBMC supplied shortcut to default.xbe and put it in e:\dash also created a default.cfg with a file path to e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe as per the instructions.
when I reboot the xbox unleash dashboard still loads.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

That's exactly what you should do, so it means you don't have a Kingroach NDURE softmod. Do you have an E:\dashboard\default.xbe (Krayzie), or E:\evoxdash.xbe (SID 5). If so, replace them with the shortcut.

#5 zenn68

zenn68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 23 2010, 12:25 AM) View Post

That's exactly what you should do, so it means you don't have a Kingroach NDURE softmod. Do you have an E:\dashboard\default.xbe (Krayzie), or E:\evoxdash.xbe (SID 5). If so, replace them with the shortcut.

It's definetly a Kingroach NDURE softmod. I will try again, thank you.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Doh. Just remembered something useful that will help resolve this quickly. Go to UnleashX settings. On one of the settings screens (system, maybe - can't check at the moment), if you scroll to the bottom of the screen there is an entry that shows you where UnleashX has loaded from. That's the location you need to change.

#7 Malenko

Malenko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

its system -> settings-> system -> select "Dash Version (more information) then scroll down to where it says "UnleashX" it will tell you the path there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users