wantin2mod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:34 AM

I'm planning on flashing my nephews Samsung MS28 and was curious about which firmware to use. (reading that Lt will never be released for Samsung or Hitachi.) He would like to play on live but he guessing (doesn't know for sure...) that he already has been banned. His drive is flashed with ixtreme 1.5 or 1.6, I can't recall which one.

Which firmware would be better to update to and why? blink.gif If he didn't get the ban hammer, which would be the better choice?

Thanks for any help!

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:04 AM

Either one will likely get you banned. We know lots of people using iXtreme 1.6/1.61 got banned, so I would say try Xtreme 5.3.

#3 Gir489

Gir489

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 0wning.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

Get a newer box.

#4 wantin2mod

wantin2mod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(Gir489 @ Mar 23 2010, 02:44 AM) View Post

Get a newer box.

Of course that would be nice but not an option for him right now.

Gir, you did not even answer one of my questions. unsure.gif
Jeesh, I thought this forum was a place to get and give help or suggestions.

#5 opencube

opencube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(wantin2mod @ Mar 23 2010, 03:05 PM) View Post

Of course that would be nice but not an option for him right now.

Gir, you did not even answer one of my questions. unsure.gif
Jeesh, I thought this forum was a place to get and give help or suggestions.

Yep full of smart arses (but there are some genuine helpers out there!)

Im in a similar position.

Ive read that ixtreme 1.61 non stealth still checks for stealth so more likely to be detected by any MS tests, yet xtreme 5.2 and 5.3 are apparently nearer to the original fw so may be the better option. However the difference between 5.2 and 5.3 is that 5.3 adds in some jitter correction i think. Im not sure if this means it is more or less likely to be detectable... no one on here has been able to help me out with that point and fully explain it..

I must reiterate that this is what ive read through my research, but no one seems to have a proper explanation.

Hope u get an answer as its one ive been looking for for a while.

#6 smuddge37

smuddge37

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

the reason you haven't got an answer is no one can give you a solid explanation.
speculation is all you can get.

as was already stated 5.3 or 5.2 are closer to orig than 1.61. that is the best that anyone can tell you.

all you can do is try.

If your nephew is already flagged it doesn't matter what you put on there he will likely be banned.

to give you an example. I never played on live ever, never had cat5 plugged in. played on 1 game 1 time in the xbox (it was new in nov)
had 1.6 on it. updated to LT went online after update to get some game updates and banned instantly.

I would say he is already banned just waiting for his conformation.

#7 edlimym

edlimym

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

dear people, i believe that since day 01 of this scene when the xbox360 dvd rom drive got a custom firmware, Xbox Live is not a place to go as being cautioned by its creator of CFW. so please, abide by that principle that at anytime you modded a console, whatever console it may be, go to Live at your own RISK. i hope i am not creating any misunderstanding here but i try to bring back the memories that is all. have a nice modding day!

#8 grimreaper204

grimreaper204

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

When was xtreme 53 released and when was Ixtreme 1.61 released... newer firmwares = more fixes, better compatability etc etc. If he has ixtreme on there already he will most likely get banned so just use the newer one (1.61), plus he probably won't play every game you burn on xbox live so by the time he has 10 games you would have saved enough to buy another xbox and a retail game tongue.gif can't go wrong

goodluck

#9 wantin2mod

wantin2mod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:33 AM

I just talked with him tonight about his 360. I tried to register his console tonight for a repair order but it was already registered! He told me he got it from a friend who got it from a friend....so ya, tracking down that Live ID username and password to request a repair order will be next to impossible.

I'm the one who initially flashed the 360 and I flashed it to ixtreme v1.6. He says he has not been on Xbox LIVE since August of 2009 when his membership ran out. So, I guess there might be a possibility of his box not being banned? Maybe?
If it's not banned, I'll just return it back to stock so he can play online again.

It is an OLD 360 and I'm just trying to get him by until he has enough money saved up to get a new one (he's a new dad and money is scarce for him).

I appreciate all your help guys, thanks!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by wantin2mod, 24 March 2010 - 03:33 AM.

#10 Secret-Service

Secret-Service

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(wantin2mod @ Mar 23 2010, 06:34 AM) View Post

I'm planning on flashing my nephews Samsung MS28 and was curious about which firmware to use. (reading that Lt will never be released for Samsung or Hitachi.) He would like to play on live but he guessing (doesn't know for sure...) that he already has been banned. His drive is flashed with ixtreme 1.5 or 1.6, I can't recall which one.

Which firmware would be better to update to and why? blink.gif If he didn't get the ban hammer, which would be the better choice?

Thanks for any help!

Hey, xtreme 5.3 is the best for Samsung

#11 Tron[ADS]

Tron[ADS]

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

How about slapping a Benq drive in there, flashing it with LT spoofed as a Samdung.

#12 opencube

opencube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Secret-Service @ Mar 24 2010, 12:41 PM) View Post

Hey, xtreme 5.3 is the best for Samsung

Hi Secret Service... thanks for that info. Can you elaborate on why it is the better?

It looks like i may go for that now.

#13 coolethan

coolethan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:02 AM

SS is right,
xtreme 5.3 is the best one to use, but not just any 5.3a

5.3a has the correct disc speed, and non-stealth. You might notice that people using BenQ 1.41 didn't get banned for the longest time, and the new LT firmware has non-stealth.

anyway, when LT wasn't out yet and people weren't playing live as much back in December and January
i was playing live with my Sammy with xtreme 5.3a
i didn't get banned, still not banned with my Liteon LT that i use now.

just make sure you have a good rip, split vid etc.
and you should be fine. because microsoft isn't really banning right now, and according to xbox.com i'm not flagged cause i can still request a repair for my console.

#14 NinjaNoodles

NinjaNoodles

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

i know this is a somewhat old post but if your still reading use samsung totally non stealth from secret service its xtreme 5.3 combined with the fixes of ixtreme 1.41 its not fully tested though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users