• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 desitdt

desitdt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

Ive fixed about 5 xbox 360s through the x-clamp replacement, and on this recent one when i plugged everything in to cook it it went straight to the green lights. Should i leave it on anyway and will it eventually go to the 2 overheating lights or will i just screw it up more?

#2 LiTHiUM0XiD3

LiTHiUM0XiD3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:27 AM

the pressure has prolly reconnected these points by touch alone... i would suggest cookin it to solidify the connections...
the eventual heat might do it.. but only half so.. i would suggest just doing it for the purely controlled method ya know?
it should cook fine aswell if you like cover the GPU with a towel lol

Edited by LiTHiUM0XiD3, 24 March 2010 - 04:30 AM.

#3 pink1

pink1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:27 AM

Do not over heat an xbox !! not a fix.

#4 desitdt

desitdt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

im talking about leaving the fans unplugged until the 2 lights blink, then wait 2 minutes and unplug. Why is that not recommended? most tutorials i read on this site have that step it it.

#5 madmax22

madmax22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(desitdt @ Mar 24 2010, 05:39 PM) View Post

im talking about leaving the fans unplugged until the 2 lights blink, then wait 2 minutes and unplug. Why is that not recommended? most tutorials i read on this site have that step it it.

I have done it to a couple boxes and never had a problem... The box im currently using now has xclamp and was over heated.

Edited by madmax22, 24 March 2010 - 10:55 PM.

#6 desitdt

desitdt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

how do i overheat it if it doesn't have red rings when i go to cook it, will it automaticly turn off and go to 2 red lights when it gets hot enough?

#7 desitdt

desitdt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

also, what is the best way to cook the xbox. Do i run it until the 2 lights blink and let it go for 2 minutes, or do i put the fan on the CPU and let it run for 20-30 minutes?

#8 desitdt

desitdt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

i need some help guys

#9 drewis

drewis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

yes, you do that.

you take the fans off and u overheat it. just a question, what did you x-clamp? both gpu and cpu or just gpu?

i used the fan on the cpu method because i didnt want it overheating as i didnt replace any clamps on the cpu.... I let it overheat for a good 4 minutes. with heatsink ON of course.

Edited by drewis, 25 March 2010 - 11:53 PM.

#10 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

Pointless - there's no benefit in letting the processors overheat. Any idea at what temperature lead-free solder starts to soften to the point where it's malleable? I'll give you a hint - nowhere near the cutoff point of overheating, especially since it's the die which is reaching ciritical temperatures and not the BGA points on the package.

If you're gonna heat them up, use a hot air reflow workstation and do it properly, or not at all. You'll just delay the inevitable that in 3 months time you'll be doing the same thing over again.

#11 drewis

drewis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

well if you do the xclamp properly there IS a benefit in letting it overheat. do you know how much heat that chip produces? over 100 watts..you let it heat up longer by using the fan over the cpu, that has the thermal sensor in it...

yes you're right, its not as good as a hot air reflow but seeing as though this can last up to a year, why not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users