Photo

How To Wire A Wireless 360 Controller (for Pc Use)?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigYellow

BigYellow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:35 AM

Hey guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to wire a wireless 360 controller so that I can use it as a USB gamepad for my Mac Pro (when I'm using Windows7).

I had a play&charge cord but my understanding is that those don't transmit any data anyhow, just power. Anyways, it's gone.

Now, I've read that you can buy USB receivers for the controllers, as well as a USB cord, but I'm wondering if it's possible for me to use a USB cord and a soldering iron to avoid having to purchase anything extra...

I've searched these forums as well as google thoroughly and can't find anything of the sort, but it really can't be that tough... Right?

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

I can't believe that people are still on this kick of turning the Wireless controller into a Wired one to save a few bucks on a Wired controller or the Wireless PC adapter, both are pretty cheap if you get them used and best of all, they work without having to mess with anything. The Wireless controller is just that, Wireless, it wasn't designed to be either or, that's why M$ has Wired controllers and made the PC adapter, first off to get more $$$ from people, but to connect up the Wireless controller to a PC.

Your options are..

A Wired controller - New ones are around $30 and used are less than that.

One of the USB Wireless PC receivers - Best way to go if you want too stay Wireless and the adapter isn't expensive, should cost you less than a Wired controller if you shop around.

Use an RF board from a console that's already tied to the controller - Which is really more of a pain than it's worth as you'll have to make up a cable and such for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users