• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Goater24

Goater24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

I've had my xbox for most of this decade, and early on my disc screwed up probably less than half a year. Anyways back then I didn't know about the mod community, but my brother managed to get that set up through a friend modded and all that. Now I don't know a whole lot about this stuff but I do know my way around the xbox. But there's a problem I had as of late that I'm not sure how to deal with, or even research, so I thought I'd make a topic,

Right now when I start up my xbox, which I have set to go to evox for a dashboard, the only options I have to choose from are

MS Dashboard
Reboot
Power Off
Settings
Backup

In that order

I have never seen this before, I don't know if it's worth mentioning but it is a 120 gig hdd and it's been the same one the whole time, at some point the original power supply blew out, but I was able to replace it with another (was too nervous about the soldering option back then) and it's still working. Anyways I can't get to any functions, but I can still access all the files through flash, and it's all still there. If anyone knows what that means, I would be greatful. The original Xbox is still my favorite of the two, and even though I'm probably pushing it past it's life expectency, I still use it more than my computer.

Thanks,

Goater24

#2 scubasjl

scubasjl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(Goater24 @ Mar 27 2010, 12:29 PM) View Post

I've had my xbox for most of this decade, and early on my disc screwed up probably less than half a year. Anyways back then I didn't know about the mod community, but my brother managed to get that set up through a friend modded and all that. Now I don't know a whole lot about this stuff but I do know my way around the xbox. But there's a problem I had as of late that I'm not sure how to deal with, or even research, so I thought I'd make a topic,

Right now when I start up my xbox, which I have set to go to evox for a dashboard, the only options I have to choose from are

MS Dashboard
Reboot
Power Off
Settings
Backup

In that order

I have never seen this before, I don't know if it's worth mentioning but it is a 120 gig hdd and it's been the same one the whole time, at some point the original power supply blew out, but I was able to replace it with another (was too nervous about the soldering option back then) and it's still working. Anyways I can't get to any functions, but I can still access all the files through flash, and it's all still there. If anyone knows what that means, I would be greatful. The original Xbox is still my favorite of the two, and even though I'm probably pushing it past it's life expectency, I still use it more than my computer.

Thanks,

Goater24

I have the exact same problem at this moment. My brother asked me where to find Madden 09 and I look and he was in my settings and yea everything visually is set to like the original version. Yet the weird thing like you said is all the old files are still their, did try changing my skin with no luck. My apps/skins/games/emus/trainers all their and intact. The M$ dashboard doesn't work, this is a softmod, xbox v1.6, I mainly use this for XBMC to watch movies on my tv. I have frosty's dvd which I will be looking into later. It's been so long since I dealt with evox since I have not had any problems. Will let you know if I find anything.

Edited by scubasjl, 28 March 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#3 scubasjl

scubasjl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Fix that worked for me -> /E/dashboard -> look for a evox,ini file and now compare that to the evox.ini file that is in /E/ make sure not to overwright either one for now. Just compare them. The one from /E/dashboard should be smaller in size and has less text then the /E/ one. Now make sure you have backups of both which this is weird I screwed up. I overwrought the good one, lucky I had a backup cd from years past. So no take the evox.ini from /E/ and overwright the one in /E/dashboard and reboot and you should be all set.

Hope that helps, if not then maybe you are lucky and have a backup of your good /E/dashboard evox.ini before this happened and you just then overwright both evox.ini files which I had to do. Good luck

#4 Goater24

Goater24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(scubasjl @ Mar 28 2010, 04:54 PM) View Post

Fix that worked for me -> /E/dashboard -> look for a evox,ini file and now compare that to the evox.ini file that is in /E/ make sure not to overwright either one for now. Just compare them. The one from /E/dashboard should be smaller in size and has less text then the /E/ one. Now make sure you have backups of both which this is weird I screwed up. I overwrought the good one, lucky I had a backup cd from years past. So no take the evox.ini from /E/ and overwright the one in /E/dashboard and reboot and you should be all set.

Hope that helps, if not then maybe you are lucky and have a backup of your good /E/dashboard evox.ini before this happened and you just then overwright both evox.ini files which I had to do. Good luck

Thanks for your input, I was going to try it, but when I went into flash, my Xbox didn't have an E/dashboard directory, or either of the ini files. The only evox.ini I was able to find was in C, then an xodash folder, but that's as close as it got. I guess I should mention I have an xecuter 2, hard mod. I did however suspect that maybe it had something to do with evox's ini, but since I can't seem to find it, I'm back at square one. Also, I guess it just occurred to me that never tampered with any settings before this. The last thing was some Ps1 emulation and XBMC. I'm not sure if this matters either, but evox would have been installed in at least '02 or '03. I have a second bad disc drive and scarce ftp options, but can still work with it, other than this recent problem with it.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(Goater24 @ Mar 29 2010, 02:46 PM) View Post
The only evox.ini I was able to find was in C, then an xodash folder, but that's as close as it got.

QUOTE(Goater24 @ Mar 29 2010, 02:46 PM) View Post

I did however suspect that maybe it had something to do with evox's ini, but since I can't seem to find it, I'm back at square one.

These two statements are contradictory - either you have an evox.ini or you haven't....!

Just replace the one on C with a clean copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users