• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:10 AM

ok, i was trying to set XBMC to be the default dashboard through FTP and i messed up. somehow i ended up back at the regular dashboard. i couldn't connect through FTP to change the file back to Unleash-X or something like that, so i decided to reset my xbox and start over. so i did the combo (A+A+UP+Y) and reset the system, thinking it would erase everything. but once it was done, it brought be to evox. the only options i have are "Launch Disc" and "System Settings". i can't access anything other than the disc and there's nothing in system settings that says restore system or something like that. i want to completely remove the softmod and start over because i know what to do from there. but i have no idea how and i'm really freaking out here because i had everything working the way i wanted and me, being the idiot that i am, felt the need to screw it up by trying to change the dashboard. someone please help before i lose it because i've been working on this all day and it's been driving me nuts.

/edit
i should also say that i have no FTP access right now to remove it that way.

/edit 2
sorry, i do have FTP. something must not have been plugged in the last time i tried, but i can access it now. what should i delete to start over?

Edited by mydrumskeepmoving, 28 March 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#2 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:23 AM

bump. come on, i know there's someone online who knows how to fix this.

#3 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

PLEAAAASE SOMEONE ANSWER! you have no idea how much i'm freaking out right now. i even followed what this tutorial said to do and i'm still in the same boat.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=426328

please someone reply, i really need to get rid of this and reinstall the softmod. i won't be able to sleep tonight if i don't at least get an answer on how to fix it. i'm really not joking for anybody who thinks i'm being melodramatic to get a reply, i honestly won't be able to sleep knowing i've left it like this. so please, someone reply. i need an answer more than anything right now.

#4 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:17 AM

please...someone...anyone...i've tried anything and everything i found online and nothing's helped. i've literally deleted everything off every drive and i'm still stuck on evox. i just want to get back to the original dash. someone please reply...

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

This isn't a support desk. Three posts in half an hour is just rude, plain and simple.

You've deleted your primary dash from the E partition, and you are now booting the rescue dash (which is hidden on the C partition, and is only there because someone with a lot more patience and forethought than you took the time to design a system to protect softmodded Xboxes from idiots.)

Replace your dashboard on the E partition (you'll need to know which softmod you used, and search to find where that softmod installs its dash), and your Xbox will work again.

#6 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

ok...i don't know what to do. i used Krayzie's splinter cell exploit and found a rescue disc folder in it, but there's nothing in it. i didn't back anything up from the original system. i want it back to stock with the softmod completely gone. or at least have the stock files put back so i can access the memory and do all this over again. there's a few files in the rescue disc folder just sitting there that might help, but i have no idea where they go.

bios.bin
boot.cfg
config.xml
defaiult.xbe
ux.xbe

also, the C drive and dashboard folders are empty, as well as TDATA and UDATA inside the E drive folder. basically, i have to start over because i reset the system; the savegame exploit, linux profile and all those are gone. and i can't access any memory options to put it back. if those files listed above are the stock dash and all that, where do i put them? i think i tried putting them on the C drive and nothing happened. so i really really need some help here. i'm still kicking myself for messing with it in the first place, i had it working >.<

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

I've already told you what to do - put a dash back on E:\ in the location Krayzie expects to find the dash.

#8 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

i don't know where that is, how i can find it or what files to use. i downloaded Slayer's AID and tried FTP'ing over some of the files into C and E, but nothing worked. i really need a more straightforward answer than that. please, i honestly have no idea what i'm doing (you should've picked up on that by now) and need as much information as i possibly can get. i'm sorry if i'm coming off rude or anything, but the only thing i want right now is to get this working and i'm in semi-panic mode that it can't be fixed.

#9 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

also, i'd like to add that i'm kind of having the same issue has the one in this thread

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=705524

only problem is that i can't find a working HeXEN torrent anywhere. also, anything i seem to burn won't work with my xbox.

#10 mydrumskeepmoving

mydrumskeepmoving

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

ok...i FTP'd the splinter cell gamesave exploit and started the game to try and reinstall the mod. i ended up clicking restore without having a restore disc made and now NO dashboard shows up at all. all it does is boot directly to a game. i'm downloading dashboard 5960, which is what Krayzie needs to install the mod. where do i put it on the hard drive so i can do this over again? i feel like i might be getting closer to getting the original dash back, but i'm not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users