#1 HavokMBH

HavokMBH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

Well this sucks!

http://blog.eu.plays...l-1st/#comments

Can't belive that I've got to get rid of my linux partition. I bought a BT Keyb/mouse combo specifically for the Linux element, but enjoy playing online as well.

I wonder if it's to do with GeoHot's hack...

#2 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:57 AM

They claim it's for added security so I'm pretty sure it's a reaction to his work.

#3 Linkitch

Linkitch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

How is the update saved, on the harddrive?

I've seen you can rollback updates, would that be possible in this situation?

Would it be possible to make a system backup before you applied the patch and then just restore it later ?

I need to know if I should update my PS3.

#4 blipidy

blipidy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

i just came across it and read that today as well. sucks they are removing the feature in the new system update. luckily i rarely connect my ps3 to the net (or play it for that matter) so i will just leave it offline for a while until some more news comes to light about what can be done

#5 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:23 AM

yea i posted on this to. sony was kinda of sick of the hyperviser in genrel why the slims have no linux from day 1. and then you have 1 hacker brake the code with a company sick of it in genrel due to cost so rather then fix the problem they just remove the other os option. i think its sad on sony and a bad move on there part. homebrew hackers where ignoring the ps3 due to its abilty to run most hombrew under linux. now sony has opened a can of worms linux was saving them from attracting the linux and homebrew hackers to the system. its going to cost them alot more in the long run when the security gets broken and pricey becomes a problem on a system that aruldy has a slim game lineup. this company does more then shoot themselfs in the foot they just keep firing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users