• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mintyfresh1978

mintyfresh1978

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or would know what might fix it. I have a v1.3(i believe by looking at the serial number) xbox softmodded with unleashX on it. I recently replaced the hard drive with a 500GB WD caviar blue HD. everything seemed to work fine and go smoothly. I checked it with a backed up game that i have and it loaded it perfectly fine. I decided to play a couple games that i had last night that were retail copies and for some reason it would read that the tray is empty so i would take it out and put it back in then it would read there was a game in the drive. so i click to load dvd and it wouldn't play. i was thinking maybe it was just that game so i thought i would try a couple more and the same thing happened. this only occurs when it is a retail copy of a game though, backups play perfectly fine. everything else on the system works fine too. emulators, xbmc, movies all of that work fine. at first i thought it was the dvd drive going bad but then i don't think it would load the backups though if it was the drive itself. any help would be appreciated smile.gif

#2 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

Just sounds like the drive is dying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users