X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:23 AM

I recently picked up a CECHG01 for cheap. When any disc (bluray movie/game or dvd) is inserted the laser attempts to focus a few times and gives up. No light is emitted from the laser during this. The loading icon spins endlessly. I have done a complete reformat and updated the system thinking that may help but it did not. Downloaded games work just fine. Can anyone give me some insight into what component is at fault? Thanks!

#2 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

It sounds like the motor to spin the discs is broken, will the disc spin after you put it in?

#3 Sylvester182

Sylvester182

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:09 AM

The disc does not spin. Even if the motor is bad shouldn't the laser light up?

#4 blipidy

blipidy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

most likely your laser is bad. mine did the same thing. i would insert a disc (blu ray, dvd, cd) and note the direction it went in, the icon on the top right would continually spin but never load anything, when i would eject the disc it came out the same way it went in, showing that it never spun.

ended up ordering a replacement laser/tray assembly(kem 400aaa because i have the single laser) and swapped it out, its been working fine since then. well w/ the exception of the first replacement that i got (it was a tested/working unit), it worked for about 2 weeks and then stopped reading games but would still read blu ray movies. contacted the seller, had it warranty replaced and the new unit they sent had been working fine. actually have another replacement laser/tray assembly sitting in a box just in case the drive ever fails again, i can just replace it w/ that one

#5 col12

col12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

if the laser has gone it wont spin just buy a new drive from ebay working for 60 quid and sell your drive for 25 swap logic boards dont start messing about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users