13 replies to this topic

#1 theninjaway

theninjaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:45 AM

I was trying to JTAG my Xenon with the old blades dashboard today, and I did all the soldering. I hooked it up to my PC's parallel port but keep getting could not detect flash controller errors, what am I doing wrong? I will take pics of my soldering tomorrow, I have tried it on 2 pcs so far. Also, when I turn onthe 360 with the lpt soldered but not connected, it won't turn on, but if i fiddle with the resistors, it boots, giving me a Red Light, 0001 error code, which is a power supply problem. I guess this will be resolved once i de-solder my lpt cable and put my JTAG wiring in place.

#2 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Your 360 should *not* boot to retail dash with the JTAG wiring in place (correct me if I'm wrong), and if you get error 0001, then you're creating a short somewhere. You shouldn't be fiddling with stuff, especially if it causes an error. Take everything apart, redo your solder joints, make sure you're using a diode on pin 18 (black part of the diode facing the 360 motherboard), etc. A lot of people say the resistors (on the LPT connection) aren't necessary, and some will only have success without them.

#3 phiquach

phiquach

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

its actually pin 11 you need a diode. pin 18 is the ground smile.gif

are you using resistors?

you can start the xbox with jtag in place, just not plugged in. If you can't turn it on, you could have wired the jtag wrong or solder splash on the board.

#4 theninjaway

theninjaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

im going to blow it down with compressed air tomorrow to get rid of any metal filings, but i have not put in jtag wiring, just the lpt, and cant get it to read the nand, i just keep getting can't detect flash controller errors. i may just get a usb spi flasher, but without the lpt plugged in it boots, and gives me a error 0001 rrod. i think it may be a short so im gonna get rid of any of those. but i've tried on 3 computers and get a couldn't detect flash controller error.

#5 Guy Montag

Guy Montag

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

Quadruple check you have the right pinouts. The diagram I used made it look like what I was supposed to do was the opposite of what I was really supposed to do. Tons of people have done this same thing.

#6 theninjaway

theninjaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

PICS AT http://s125.photobuc.....JTAG Attempt/

I tried again, double checked, put resistors on a bare DB25 connector and the diode on the board, this time it stayed at the testing port #### for a few more seconds, but still a can't detect controller error.

Edited by theninjaway, 02 April 2010 - 07:34 PM.

#7 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

It's really hard to see in those pics, but it looks like you're missing the ground wire from the LPT pin 18 to J1D2.6 or J2B1.12 on the mobo......

#8 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(phiquach @ Mar 31 2010, 04:45 PM) View Post

its actually pin 11 you need a diode. pin 18 is the ground smile.gif

are you using resistors?

you can start the xbox with jtag in place, just not plugged in. If you can't turn it on, you could have wired the jtag wrong or solder splash on the board.

Yeah, my bad, I meant pin 11. Those pictures are absolutely horrible, I don't think anyone will be able to help you with pictures like that. If your camera has a macro setting (flower icon), then use it, also take your console outside for the best lighting.

#9 barnhilltrckn

barnhilltrckn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Dude you keep saying your problem everytime you talk about your error code.
if your power supply isnt working right then it will not detect the flash controller. the 360 has to have stable power for you to read and right the nand. go get a different power supply and then try it. if all your wires are correct then you will have no probs. but if you getting that error code then yes i guarrentee thats you problem.
Also brandogg the original dash will boot if the jtag wires are in place. idk why everyone keeps saying that it wont when in fact it will. uhh.gif

#10 neil321

neil321

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

My jasper boots with jtag wires installed and the orignal nand. Many, many reports of others also.

People stop saying this isn't the case.

Edited by neil321, 03 April 2010 - 05:05 PM.

#11 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

yeah i read that as well neil basically if you havent flashed xbr and the jtag wires are in place then yes it would be normal for the blades to boot...

#12 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

Ok, I was just posting what I've read (many times). You must have created a short somehow - hopefully you did not try to power on your console with the LPT wires attached to your computer, it's supposed to be plugged in, but with the power off (standby). Try removing everything (as in take the LPT cables off of the 360 motherboard) and see if it boots.

#13 theninjaway

theninjaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

unfortunately i did try to power with lpt cables attached last week, and im using resistors. after that it doesn't power on unless lpt isnt soldered and gives me a eror 0001, power supply. im going to buy another one along with an USB SPI Flasher, and that should solve me. My ground wire is soldered, and the diode was on pin 11, I've also tried on a diff box that boots up fine without the lpt and still a cant detect flash controller, so TIAOWIKI, here I come.

#14 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:33 AM

You should try a friend's power supply just in case, or buy a used one at GameStop (if they'll let you return it, usually they do within 7 days) just to make sure. It most likely is not the actual power supply itself, unfortunately. Powering on the console with LPT attached most likely fried a component on the motherboard itself...you should look for RDC if he's still around here (was a moderator in some of the forums, including general hardware and whatnot).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users