#1 Jsmith

Jsmith

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 10:19 PM

Hey folks,
I'm a bit confused. I keep hearing people say that Mame-X is one of the best Xbox emulators, but I don't know which one that is.
Is Mame-X: MameoX or Mame X?
If you're not sure, which one is generally considered better (or are they both so awesome that it doesn't matter)?
Thanks!

#2 noodle1009

noodle1009

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 10:28 PM

Major differences:

MameoX - has Mame .70 core, a pretty decent start on lightgun support. (Don't have a lightgun to test yet, something that will be remedied shortly). Sometimes has crackling sound (can be made to go away if you pause the game). Has what I think is a kickass UI that is only going to improve. No need to toggle between neogeo / cps games and 'regular' games. Freezes up less (kicks you back out to the rom list instead of freezing up.

MameX - some say it plays neogeo roms better, I'm not so sure in this latest release, I can't really tell the difference. But then again, some people here are real neogeo fanatics. (With good reason, they're great games.) I think that this release has the Mame .61 core in it, which supports less games than .70 obviously.

Right now I think it's a real toss up between the two from a _functionality_ standpoint, but I am personally much more fond of MameoX. It's also getting updates almost weekly, and is very active in development.

Give both a try.

Edited by noodle1009, 30 June 2003 - 10:29 PM.

#3 Ces2k3

Ces2k3

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 July 2003 - 12:42 AM

mameox is the new champ no contest better interface ,play more games imo

#4 pez

pez

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 01:36 AM

The only question remaining is whether MAME-X still holds an advantage over MAMEoX in terms of framerate.

Does anyone here know whether there's a significant difference when comparing the 70.3b build?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users