• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

Xecuter NAND-X Install Pics Part2 JTAG
Posted by XanTium | April 2 17:18 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From team-xecuter.com:

We recently showed you how to easily install the NAND-X using the included quicksolder pcb system, now here is an image to show you how easy and clean it is to install the JTAG hack to the 360 motherboard.

For this example we have used the Xenon motherboard. There are a number of features to note:
* All component strategies based on hundreds of user reports
* Tested on all motherboards Xenon, Falcon, Zephyr, Opus & Jasper
* All diodes used will be BAT41 (Maximum compatibility and success)
* Points 4 and 7 on J2D2 has a switchable 330 Ohm resistor (many reports of RROD on certain motherboards without it, and also many reports that it is not required on certain motherboards)
* Option to disable JTAG completely. We have basically added an "OFF" switch for those that need to disable the JTAG hack for whatever reason (testing, debugging, returning to stock etc). This of course saves you the time from having to desolder anything.
* This is the cleanest and most solid JTAG install you will find. No need for any circuits to disable the JTAG after so many seconds - no messy installs or bad parts causing RROD's.
* We are providing 2 x Cables for J2B1 (1 for Xenon and 1 for all other motherboards. Cut to the perfect length for optimum signal)

Xecuter NAND-X JTAG

Full Story/Official Site: team-xecuter.com
Pre-Order NAND-X: mrmodchips

#2 moddrboy

moddrboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

Nice looking bit of kit. Just dont see how it really makes it any easier. Its still as many solders to do. Damn sight cheaper with a bit of kynar.

#3 TheBiGW

TheBiGW

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Agreed, and I never trust those quick solder boards anyway so this would not save me any time... Looks like a product looking for a market IMO.

#4 No1B4Me420

No1B4Me420

X-S Enthusiast

• Dev/Contributor
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

They are pretty nifty lookin. I think it would take just as long to install these as any other option. I am fascinated at how cheap these guys can get these produced. Wal-Mart stomping out the lil guys. LoL

#5 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

It looks ok and all but I still like my wires on the underside of the motherboard. Having an on off switch for the jtag might serve useful for some people.

#6 gnutellafan

gnutellafan

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

how is this different from the maximus version?

#7 dom0012

dom0012

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

this wont make it any easier. hard part is getting solder to stick to those points.

#8 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

Absolutely no innovation with this. For me, I'm better off using CAT5 the typical way. I wish one of these flashers would come with a cat5 connector right on it. How could they think it is easier to install those little pcb's into an xbox? Looks like the one good thing is that it appears to be cheaper than the Maximus.

Sort of odd how the intricacies of some of the recent 360 products resemble something you might of used _BEFORE_ the simple known popular ways.

Edited by Julets, 03 April 2010 - 03:03 AM.

#9 crazycrak

crazycrak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:20 AM

I don't understand why ever body is flaming this product. I think this is a great option for people who have trouble soldering. I've been wanting to do my xbox for sometime now. I will defiantly be ordering this for my JTAGing needs. If you have great soldering skills, by all means keep doing it your way. I think this is one of xecuters best products in sometime. Great Job xecuter.

#10 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:40 AM

this is nothing but 2 diodes and a bit of wire on the board and i would think its even harder to install then the normal way

plus thats on a xenon a 5 yo could install 2 diodes and a bit of wire on an xenon show me an easier way to solder to the DB1F1 and at lest that would be some thing

#11 InvidiousDemise

InvidiousDemise

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:43 AM

Looks pretty useless to me... I second the DB1F1 comment... That bitch was hard to solder.

#12 crimpshrine

crimpshrine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(crazycrak @ Apr 3 2010, 03:20 AM) View Post

I don't understand why ever body is flaming this product. I think this is a great option for people who have trouble soldering. I've been wanting to do my xbox for sometime now. I will defiantly be ordering this for my JTAGing needs. If you have great soldering skills, by all means keep doing it your way. I think this is one of xecuters best products in sometime. Great Job xecuter.

I think you are missing the point, I don't see any flames.. if you are going to be spending the time soldering 7 different points to 7 different "quick solder" points, you could just be doing the same with 7 wires for an LPT connection.

Quick solder points given how LARGE these points are on ALL the 360 motherboards are equivalent to just tack soldering the wires in place.

Poor soldering skilled people still have to worry about removing R6T3 or bridging which is much smaller points and more dangerous in my opinion for the unskilled.

#13 LiarInGlass

LiarInGlass

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(gnutellafan @ Apr 2 2010, 08:06 PM) View Post

how is this different from the maximus version?

It's not. It's from a different company, just like everything else in the world. Only real difference is that it's cheaper and not made in the USA which apparently makes everyone think it's a piece of shit just because of that.

Both products do the same thing in the end. They all help people get a JTAG'd system, so I don't see the problem with it.

It seems like this entire site is nothing but a bunch of bitching.

#14 InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

To everyone bashing this, is there a cheaper USB solution then for people who wouldn't want to make there own?

This looks like a pretty nice package to be honest, a bit on the pricey side yes but I think it would be handy to have a USB flasher. I have one PC thats over 10 years old that can flash via LTP which is a right plain.

Would be nice just to connect it to my Windows 7 x64 machine and be able to update in a minute rather than having to drag an old PC out and spend over an hour doing it.

Im tempted to get this, just the price that puts me off.

Edited by InsaneNutter, 03 April 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#15 gamesquest1

gamesquest1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

right i will start off by saying yeah i have preordered one so i think i am entitled to my opinion unlike some people who have a diffrent product and are just coming in saying "mine is better"

First thing first is they did purposly hold off showing that it still required wire soldering which as they where marketing it to inexperianced solderers aswell as experianced people looking to just get a usb flasher so im slightly disappointed that they would use underhand tactics to get people to pre-order it who might now be thinking "damn i cant solder wires very good"

In all of there product news updates they where saying it was quicksolder pads...quicksolder pads....quicksolder pads...no mention of wire installs that where required so this i see as just a nasty trick on unexperianced users.

In the last topic about this product i said that i was betting they where not showing jtag portion because it would probably be wire installs, it does make sense for a company to do this rather than provide 2 diffrent pcb's for xenon or jasper s but still it would have been like 2 pence more to keep it more noob friendly, personally im not to bothered i can easily manage wire installs but ordered it primarily for the usb flashing part, but just wanted to say to everyone who jumped on me for saying it would be wire install....HAHA told ya so muhaha.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users