4 replies to this topic

#1 indecipherable

indecipherable

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

Hello,
I recently hotswapped my xbox with Ndure and UnleashX.
The dashboard appears to be applied fine. I can write text documents with the editors and
then save them in E:/ which I took as a good sign.

I downloaded emulators from XBins and moved them to E:/apps on my HDD.

When I launch the default.xbe file in the emulator root folder the system displays a splash that says "Loading - THE FOLDER NAME" example "Loading FCE ULTRA" and then returns to the dashboard menu.
We tried installing multiple emulators and all act this way.

So, I decided that I'd try AID auto installer. Whenever I select an app or emulator such as MCE it says "Error" and then "Copied successfully" However, the files aren't there.

I also noticed today that E:/ states it has 0.00MB available, but this remains the case no matter how much data is removed or transferred to the drive. The data is present on E:/ after FTP install,

My issues are:
Auto installer Deluxe won't copy files.
.XBE files state "loading" and return to the UnleashX dashboard.

In an attempt to trouble shoot i've tried changing the video settings and regions but it makes no difference, any suggestions would be gladly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

you can try to format the e partition. what you do is backup the dashboard folder, ndts folder, udata and the tdata folders. then format the e: drive and after the format is complete put those folders back on the drive then restart the xbox and see if that helps

#3 indecipherable

indecipherable

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

Hm - I've tried to backup E:/ three times now and the same files fail to transfer - are they in use?
Do you know how to allow the transfer?

They are:
UDATA/45410019/FE6A1C97A8F2/Assman (Settings)
UDATA/45410019/3EE2DF657988/Prof 1 (Profile)
UDATA/45410019/75D328B28803/DEFAULT (Settings)

I would also like to add that F:/ is not a folder in my FTP. So, I suspect the drive doesn't exist.

Edited by indecipherable, 05 April 2010 - 10:40 AM.

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:50 AM

those files that failed to ftp are not really important. The e:\udata folder is just for game saves and some app saves. It would not kill the xbox if the contents of that folder weren't there.

On the stock xbox only certain hard drives would be able to have an F: drive anyway.

Before you format the entire drive try deleting the contents of the Udata folder then restart the xbox and see what happens.

#5 indecipherable

indecipherable

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

Hey, thanks a ton for your help - Atleast I know my backup is safe now.

I loaded a retail game that needed to search for the HDD and it found E:/ and fixed it actually, the game was simpsons hit and run. So now everything functions perfectly, odd random fix but it works and lasted through several 'this is a fluke - watch i'll reboot and it will be gone' reboots. So i think i'm good to go smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users