• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hello, I recently thought of changing the color of the Front panel LED to something else. So I thought about using tricolor LEDs. But in doing this i thought to myself "Hmm, what if i made a little IR remote that could change the color of the LED?" That way i could have all the different combination's with 2 tricolor LEDs. So my question is, with a little PCB board, an IR receiver/Transmitter, and a PIC chip, could this be possible?

#2 nm*13

nm*13

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

maybe, just maybe....... muhaha.gif

#3 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(nm*13 @ Apr 5 2010, 03:30 PM) View Post

maybe, just maybe....... muhaha.gif

Ok, i guess i'll have to experiment with it.

Another question: Could i take a slim dvd drive, like those found in iMacs where you just slid the dvd/cd into the slot, and replace the bulky dvd drive in the xbox with it?

#4 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

http://www.xbox-scen...es/dvddrive.php
http://www.xbox-scen...es/swap-dvd.php

just use a laptop ide to pc ide adapter then

edit
sorry i thought that was to replace
i think it can be done with tsop flash or mod chip

Edited by niai, 06 April 2010 - 01:53 AM.

#5 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE(niai @ Apr 5 2010, 05:52 PM) View Post

http://www.xbox-scen...es/dvddrive.php
http://www.xbox-scen...es/swap-dvd.php

just use a laptop ide to pc ide adapter then

edit
sorry i thought that was to replace
i think it can be done with tsop flash or mod chip

Ya, i think i'm going to take this and connect the IDE to the mobo, and the USB to this or something similar(another option is ide to sata and get an internal one). And as for the DVD drive, i might leave it out, or use an external Discdrive, so that it doesn't take up all that room, but i don't lose the ability to play original discs. Maybe use something like this or this

Edited by Zymus, 06 April 2010 - 04:43 AM.

#6 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Ok, so my plan is to use a standard 3.5 inch 1 TB hard drive,, use an IDE to SATA/USB adapter and somehow work in a DVD capability.

#7 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Zymus @ Apr 6 2010, 02:19 PM) View Post

Ok, so my plan is to use a standard 3.5 inch 1 TB hard drive,, use an IDE to SATA/USB adapter and somehow work in a DVD capability.

I'm confused as to how the USB/IDE-SATA adapter works into your plan. It seems as though you plan to plug the USB side of the adapter into an external hard drive, correct? If so, this will not work because the SATA-IDE/USB adapter is a slave device, so to speak, and so is the external hard drive. They could physically connect to one another, but they would both be looking for a host to make use of them.

As for your slot-DVD-drive idea, that sounds fantastic! It is indeed possible to do such a thing, in fact there's a youtube video of a Xbox case mod with a working one. It will not be able to read original Xbox games though, unless it is one of very few that can be modified to work that way.
Good luck with your case mod!

#8 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE(GoTeamScotch @ Apr 8 2010, 11:06 AM) View Post

I'm confused as to how the USB/IDE-SATA adapter works into your plan. It seems as though you plan to plug the USB side of the adapter into an external hard drive, correct? If so, this will not work because the SATA-IDE/USB adapter is a slave device, so to speak, and so is the external hard drive. They could physically connect to one another, but they would both be looking for a host to make use of them.

As for your slot-DVD-drive idea, that sounds fantastic! It is indeed possible to do such a thing, in fact there's a youtube video of a Xbox case mod with a working one. It will not be able to read original Xbox games though, unless it is one of very few that can be modified to work that way.
Good luck with your case mod!

I think I'll probably end up using an SATA to IDE converter so that i can have the 1 TB SATA drive in there and use the xbox's IDE interface with no issues. And as for the DVD drive, i was thinking that maybe i could find a SATA to IDE/USB so it does both, so i could just cut out a bit of plastic on the back of the box, add the dvd drive if needed through there so i can play games off the HDD and the disc.

#9 erik4867

erik4867

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

western digital my passport essential 1tb
I think I'll probably end up using an SATA to IDE converter so that i can have the 1 TB SATA drive in there and use the xbox's IDE interface with no issues. And as for the DVD drive, i was thinking that maybe i could find a SATA to IDE/USB so it does both, so i could just cut out a bit of plastic on the back of the box, add the dvd drive if needed through there so i can play games off the HDD and the disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users