3 replies to this topic

#1 maddog75

maddog75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:16 AM

My step sons friend brought me and old xbox to soft mod I am doing it for free because I like the kid, it is just a soft mod. He brought it to me in his school bag all zipped up and later that night I took it to out soft mod it but seen a dead roach chilling on the inside vent. This freaked me out as once my brother brought me one that I let sit in my room for two weeks before touching and our house got infested with roaches and there 30 plus dead ones in there. Afer a lot of bombing we killed them all. My issue here is I want to do this for this kid but I don't want that thing in my house. His family is poor and doesn't have much so I would like to be able to do this for him but trying to think how I can do this so that my house doesn't get any disgusting roaches. I thought about taping entire thing up just long enough to mod it (not over heat it), take it way outside and take it apart and clean the roaches out (gross) or get a really long extension cord and mod it out my street area. What would you do, I guess I could take it to his house and just mod it there but it can take a while to put all emulators on there etc and I don't want to stay over there for long and pretty sure he has some cousins that I don't want knowing about me or the stuff I have in my house if you know what I am saying.

#2 4DoorITR

4DoorITR

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

I would say as you did ... take it outside and blow it out thoroughly. You should be fine working on it outside after that. Just don't take two weeks! smile.gif

#3 4DoorITR

4DoorITR

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

I meant to say you should be fine working on it inside after cleaning it out.

#4 bamarquez226

bamarquez226

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

You can always hot glue fine mesh screen around the vent holes on the metal cage to prevent the little buggers from getting back in. Keeps it looking neat and clean from the outside.

Edited by bamarquez226, 07 April 2010 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users