10 replies to this topic

#1 xnmrph

xnmrph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

I've got a version 1.1 XBox with a faulty Xecuter 2.6 modchip (there seems to be a cold fault causing the xmas light problem that resolves itself when the box warms up - the box always boots OK when the modchip is turned off).

I've currently got Flashbios 3.0.3 in "one half" of the Modchip and Evox M8 in the other half.

I wondered if there was a way of flashing the internal bios to boot XMBC since I don't play games on it anymore and I just want to use it with XBMC. Is the internal bios the TSOP? If so, is there a straightforward way or guide (and I mean idiot guide - I don't want to brick it) to show how you overwrite this?

Thanks
X

#2 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

• Get the exploit on your hardrive in correct location (TDATA) for the game you are going to use.
  • Take out the modchip.
  • Solder the TSOP flash enable points. (google)
  • Get an exploitable game.
  • Run exploitable game, load hacked save, flash chip.
You have a chip, you can FTP the gamesave exploit when it works, save you some trouble.
I always use Splinter Cell (original) since there are no patched versions.

There are some complications with telnetting in and running the flash command, or you can use this slightly modified savegame here: http://gd3.zapto.org...ashraincoat.rar

If you select raincoat from the evox menu that comes up it will load the bios.bin in the bios folder on the exploit (currently 4981.06 I think) and flash. This will work for all 1.4 and lower version xboxes though the progress gets chopped off on 1.0 and 1.1 xboxes due to the fact there are 4 banks to flash and the screen doesn't scroll. Just wait for a bit in this case before rebooting. I could make it nicer but it is good enough.

EDIT:Took the bios.bin out of the file. insert your own. I suggest X2 4981. It works on all xboxes and is no nonsense bios. Put it in Bios folder as bios.bin

Edited by Movax, 06 April 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#3 xnmrph

xnmrph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have any games anymore so I don't have an exploitable game.

Is there no way of doing this from some bootable disk source (e.g. Eurasia) or via FTP?

What I mean is that I can boot into Flashbios or EVO-X (or boot something else) because the modchip does still actually work when it warms up so I thought there would be a way of accessing the on-board flash via this route....

Cheers,
X

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

No, you can only flash the TSOP if you boot from the TSOP.

#5 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Not quite and read this. But it's complicated so dry.gif

#6 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

Yeah i didn't think that was worth mentioning. There are exceptions to every rule, and I could never get that to work (tried to fix a bad TSOP).

#7 xnmrph

xnmrph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

OK, thanks

#8 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

there is a way to softmod using ftp. The guide for that is around here somewhere. I also think AID can install a softmod.

Oh movax you meant the UDATA folder right

#9 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Apr 6 2010, 11:53 AM) View Post

Oh movax you meant the UDATA folder right

Yes, and yes a softmod can be just about as good.

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Use Kingroach NDURE 3.1 and FTP to install a softmod onto your Xbox - the Kingroach manual explains how to do this. Once it's softmodded back up your eeprom with Config Magic, then turn off the chip. You can then either just run with the softmod, or run Evox as an application and use it to flash your TSOP, or use Eurasia to flash your TSOP.

#11 xnmrph

xnmrph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 6 2010, 11:06 PM) View Post

Use Kingroach NDURE 3.1 and FTP to install a softmod onto your Xbox - the Kingroach manual explains how to do this. Once it's softmodded back up your eeprom with Config Magic, then turn off the chip. You can then either just run with the softmod, or run Evox as an application and use it to flash your TSOP, or use Eurasia to flash your TSOP.

Hi,

Is there an idiot guide on using Ndure / how to do this entire process? I had a look at the PDF inside the Ndure rar and it wasn't very clear.

Thanks
X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users