X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

Download @ http://www.digitalre.../xbox360/?p=322

Just a quick release, you should now be able to point the shortcuts at .xbe files so you can launch your Xbox 1 originals straight from NXE. Of course you will need the hacked Xbox 1 emulator installed as well.

Id love if someone could comment on this and let me know if it works, Ive got no Xbox 1 games to test with.

#2 tcnarss

tcnarss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

i've been waiting for this smile.gif i'll let you know as soon as i get home!

Thank you!

#3 sandoqanu

sandoqanu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

this is great, thank you very much.

#4 Lush

Lush

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

great work! will test soon...

#5 Grandmaster56

Grandmaster56

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

ermm i was already doing this with v1.2.whats the difference exactly? usb:\Games\Halo2\default.xbe is all you need to do with 1.2

#6 MrFlooD

MrFlooD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

Is it possible to edit a quickboot file after created? It would be nice to be able to change the icon or path without having to create a brand new quickboot file.

#7 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Apr 6 2010, 11:13 AM) View Post

ermm i was already doing this with v1.2.whats the difference exactly? usb:\Games\Halo2\default.xbe is all you need to do with 1.2

I second this, I was using v1.2 to create my shortcuts to my Xbox 1 emulators just fine. smile.gif

#8 dstruktiv

dstruktiv

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Apr 7 2010, 05:13 AM) View Post

Some people aren't very good at following instructions so versions above 1.2 implemented verification of paths and names etc in the PC tool, one of those verifications was to make sure the executable had ".xex" on the end, which was obviously stopping people putting in ".xbe". It was a stupid artificial limitation on my part as the QuickBoot code I wrote that runs on the actual 360 has been able to launch xbe's from the beginning.

QUOTE(MrFlooD @ Apr 7 2010, 05:15 AM) View Post

Is it possible to edit a quickboot file after created? It would be nice to be able to change the icon or path without having to create a brand new quickboot file.

Le Fluffie can do this. Although I personally think it's just easier to create a new one tongue.gif

#9 Evillvi

Evillvi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

i got a couple of questions i was hoping you could help with. is 64x64 the only size for icons that we could use, like is it an xbox360 limit or is it a quickboot limit. i just started using the tilted game icons from the xbox only now im using 360 games instead and they show up in quickboot but id like them to be alittle bigger. i tried putting them at 96x96 but it didnt show up right. so i was wondering if you knew what i could do to get bigger icons to show up.

#10 TraJiK

TraJiK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:29 AM

Great work with the program, so far.

Any chance of adding a "scan via ftp" feature, to be able to build quickboot shortcuts for homebrew/games already stored on the xbox drive? I'm not sure if a feature like this would be hard to add or not, just a suggestion. Either that, or a homebrew version of the program, that auto scans the XEX's on the drive, and then either auto-creates quickboots, or creates a file that can be read from QuickBoot to auto-build from the PC. (if that even made sense, haha)

#11 dasbooter

dasbooter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(TraJiK @ Apr 7 2010, 03:29 AM) View Post

Great work with the program, so far.

Any chance of adding a "scan via ftp" feature, to be able to build quickboot shortcuts for homebrew/games already stored on the xbox drive? I'm not sure if a feature like this would be hard to add or not, just a suggestion. Either that, or a homebrew version of the program, that auto scans the XEX's on the drive, and then either auto-creates quickboots, or creates a file that can be read from QuickBoot to auto-build from the PC. (if that even made sense, haha)

Yup probably one of the more requested features. Kind of like running the fsd indexer for freestyle dash. Just wanted to vote for this too but I am not bugging thanx for the work so far. Does anybody else have the problem where they have to scan the game folder more than once to get the icon extracted doing a full HD scan gets me only about 25% of the icons I have to keep rescanning the games once or twice individually to get a proper icon shown... but I am running xp in a VM so I wondered if that was the cause?

#12 DaBuisneZ

DaBuisneZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Wow distruk i thought you died:/ Tested and works obviously although since i rock freestyle not really gonna get used. Glad to see your still contributing and plz keep em coming.

P.S big shout to frosty sup!

#13 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

This application is awesome because eliminates the need to boot a loader (XexMenu/Freestyle Dash) for 360/XB1 games at least.

Sometimes when the target directory is scanned, not all the icons for each game show up (even after the shortcut is created and used in the dash), but other times all the icons do show up when scanned.

Also, is there some way to automatically label the shortcut's names for multi disk games b/c if the lable's name is not changed, when the shortcut is created, the shortcut for the first disc gets over written with the preceding discs (since the names of the disc are the same).

Edited by SlickWilly440, 08 April 2010 - 06:14 PM.

#14 dacore84

dacore84

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

Is it possible to get XBLA games to boot from NXE with this?

#15 soulwarrior

soulwarrior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(dacore84 @ Apr 24 2010, 07:22 PM) View Post

Is it possible to get XBLA games to boot from NXE with this?

XBLA games already boot fine from nxe without quickboot containers as long as they are in their appropriate folder within the content --> 000... folder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users