4 replies to this topic

#1 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hello all, having a few little problems with my dashboard.

Basically, i was putting some emulators onto the console via ftp, (i have just recently done a clone of the stock softmodded hdd to a 250gb hdd and its been working fine!) and it seemed to copy over fine. I then launched the emulator (XboyAdvance i think its called, or something along those lines. its a gba emulator anyway) and it didnt load, and took me straight back to the dashboard. except all the options had gone missing. all i was left with was MS Dashboard, Settings, Reboot, Power Off and a couple of others. I believe this is something to do with the evox.ini file, i checked it via ftp and it did seem to be missing a few things. after searching on my computer for a backed up .ini file (i couldnt find one on the harddrive at all!) i transfered one over and it has taken even more options away from it! i realised that ive transfered over the wrong .ini file and i think ive found a backup of my working evox .ini file on my hard drive.

only problem is now that ive transfered the wrong .ini file, its not letting me connect via ftp to the console! ive gone into the settings and entered the ip address of the xbox and subnet and all that stuff and still nothing.

SO in a nutshell. how would i go about getting this .ini file onto the hard drive to (hopefully) restore it back to working order?

or will i have to install a new dash or something?

thanks

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

Boot with Frosty's Recue disc to give you FTP access.

#3 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 7 2010, 10:09 PM) View Post

Boot with Frosty's Recue disc to give you FTP access.

thanks mate, will give it a go! if this .ini file doesent work, what would be the best solution? new dash?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Burn Frosty's to DVD-R with DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 to make sure it boots properly, and it should work fine. Even if it does work a new dash might be a good idea - UnleashX is newer and doesn't destroy its own config file from time to time!

#5 tomlad13

tomlad13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

this worked mate! thanks for the tip! im glad the backup of the .ini file on my laptop was the right one! woo!
time to try and install a new dash now! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users