• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darkm27

darkm27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

I've been playing Monster Rancher 2 using psxbox and a big part of the game is swaping out disc to create new monsters

is there anyway to make the emulator read disc from the dvd tray or even just let me load different .img files without loading a new game like some emus on the PC do?

sorry if im leaving out any info

#2 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE(darkm27 @ Apr 8 2010, 06:43 AM) View Post

I've been playing Monster Rancher 2 using psxbox and a big part of the game is swaping out disc to create new monsters

is there anyway to make the emulator read disc from the dvd tray or even just let me load different .img files without loading a new game like some emus on the PC do?

sorry if im leaving out any info

This is a good question. I was wondering about that myself because on the PC you can use the PSX disks OR ISO's... and then on the NEO-Geo CD emu you could only use CD's, then someone added ISO support......

Could there be a way to get CD support?

#3 scorp316

scorp316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Surreal64
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Pulsemasta @ Apr 8 2010, 07:50 PM) View Post

This is a good question. I was wondering about that myself because on the PC you can use the PSX disks OR ISO's... and then on the NEO-Geo CD emu you could only use CD's, then someone added ISO support......

Could there be a way to get CD support?

unsure.gif I believe it depends on your XBOX's dvd/cd drive, as some drives support only (Thomson) DVD's, some drives support CD's, and others (I believe it is the Samsung drive) read both CD's and DVD's. I have a Thomson dvd/cd drive, so I don't think a PSX disk will work since it is on a CD.......but I don't know if an ISO will work if I were to burn it onto a DVD-R. dry.gif It's worth a try though. cool.gif

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

PCSXBox can't read real PSX discs, full stop.

I seem to remember that if you click in the right thumbstick, somewhere in the menu that appears is an option to change the disc image. I'm not sure how well it works.

#5 darkm27

darkm27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Apr 9 2010, 07:43 PM) View Post

PCSXBox can't read real PSX discs, full stop.

I seem to remember that if you click in the right thumbstick, somewhere in the menu that appears is an option to change the disc image. I'm not sure how well it works.

I tried that and that is what that option is for however I get an error every time I try, after a little searching I found out that pretty much everyone gets this error

any known fixes?

#6 darkm27

darkm27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:39 AM

nvm updating pcsxbox fixed this

but now every game i swap gives me the same monster for some reason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users