• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tristan99

tristan99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:00 AM

Is multi disc installation for JTAG xbox compatible with Star Ocean last hope ? We just need to install game in same folder using xexmenu and delete @system update folder right ?

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

IF memory serves me correctly, yep that's all you gotta do.
(Please keep in mind, I'm stoned like 25/7)

#3 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

Well, are the two .bin files (that contains the game data) in each disc have the same names? If so, then putting them in the same folder wouldn't work b/c they would just overwrite themselves.

#4 wulfie

wulfie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

I'm still hoping for a definitive answer on this, would really like to be able to play FF13 off a usb hdd using Freestyle wink.gif

#5 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(wulfie @ Apr 8 2010, 02:47 AM) View Post

I'm still hoping for a definitive answer on this, would really like to be able to play FF13 off a usb hdd using Freestyle wink.gif

Well, for Final Fantasy XIII, just extract each disc to a separate folder. Then cut/paste the contents of the second disc into the first folder and click yes to overwrite any folder BUT NOT files. Then do the same thing for the disc 3 contents. Finally you should have one folder with all the contents from all 3 discs.

You can extract the discs into separate folders onto the usb hdd, then do the cut/paste from their. The reason that you don't want to just extract all 3 discs in the same folder is because the program you are using to extract the disc is just going to automatically over right the files you don't want to over write (If you do it this way, you might have to delete the img.key file to get the game to boot & I'm not sure if you'll run into any issues or not).

If myself have used this method (extracted 3 discs to separate folder then cut/paste), and I am currently on disc 3 Chapter 11 of the game (There are 13 Chapters in the game).

The disc swap occurs during the transition after Chapter 4 to Chapter 5 and between Chapter 9 and Chapter 10.

I was originally playing with just the 3 discs extracted into separate folders and thought I could just save during the transition from Chapter 4 to 5, but when I got to the loading screen after Chapter 4 there was no option to save (like with pretty much every chapter and major cutscene) and the game was just trying to load the next chapter without any message about switching discs.

Once I cut/pasted the 2nd discs contents into the 1st discs, the loading screen from Chapter 4 to 5 loaded fine, only then did the game ask me if I wanted to save or not (Which is kind of weird and backwards). I assumed this same thing would happen between the transition from Chapter 9 to 10, so I went ahead and cut/pasted the 3rd disc contents in with the 1 discs folder, and didn't run into any problems when proceeding to chapter 10.

Edited by SlickWilly440, 08 April 2010 - 09:40 AM.

#6 wulfie

wulfie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

okay, I did as you suggested, and Final Fantasy XIII ends up being 14.8gb, is this right? Seems awful small to me blink.gif

#7 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Yes that is the correct file size.

Most of the 360 iso sizes are 7.3gb, but the extracted fill size is always way smaller and less. This probably has something to do with making sure the DL disc that it burned to appear legitimate.

As for the reason that the combined file size of all 3 of the FFXIII disc, on top of the reason above, is smaller is b/c many of the same files are on the all 3 discs, so when they files are combined, only one copy of those files need to exist, thus making the total file size much smaller.

I'm sure if the game didn't have all those wonderful cut scenes, the entire game could fit on a single disc, but then again who would want to play an RPG without any high quality animated cutscenes.

I think one of the main reasons that the game's levels are so linear and do not include the ability to fly to previous locations on a world map is because not all the levels can fit onto one disc along with the cut scene movies. I haven't beaten the game yet, so maybe after one beats the game, they can travel back to all the previously visited locations. But so far the only place where one is free to roam wherever is the level on Chapter 11, and I've read that you can go back to this place to level out the characters after beating the game (at least the PS3 walk through stated that).

Also there are no towns, no shops, no anything. All the shopping is done at the save locations (like online shopping).

However, I'm no so sure if this is the main reason behind the linear level's b/c the Lost Odessay game had a free roaming world map.

Edited by SlickWilly440, 08 April 2010 - 12:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users