• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heide264

Heide264

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

I have an old xbox (v1.0 I'm almost positive with a semi-fried thompson dvd drive) that I had soldered the bridge on and flashed over a cromwell bios to a long time ago. I went to reflash it to another bios to put on xbmc and ended up bricking the thing.

I am looking to buy a modchip to put in and use, and wanted to make sure that the DuoX 2 Lite would work for me. I've read around but there is a lotta information and just wanted to check.

Also, looking at buying off Divineo which was recommended by xbox-scene's table 'o mods. If anybody has any experience with them it'd be appreciated.

Thanks =)

Edited by Heide264, 08 April 2010 - 05:12 PM.

#2 litspliff

litspliff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:electronics, music, your sister.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:01 AM

grounding the D0 point will force the xbox to load bios from LPC bus (modchip), bypassing the on-board firmware. in short, yes.

i sell a better chip at a good price (link in my signature, or just go to dynatron.org/store). i also provide much faster delivery than divineo. they are legit, but it takes about a month usually to get the order.

#3 Heide264

Heide264

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

litspliff,

You are a bit too late =(. Installed the chip today. Was a rough install for sure though. Boots up the evoX logo and the blue xbox before giving me an error 16 (or 21 with a game in). I am going to try to run a slayers boot disk and see if it'll load that up, but going to have to mess with it and do some reading. I know the HDD needs reformatted and such.

#4 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE(Heide264 @ Apr 18 2010, 09:39 PM) View Post

litspliff,

You are a bit too late =(. Installed the chip today. Was a rough install for sure though. Boots up the evoX logo and the blue xbox before giving me an error 16 (or 21 with a game in). I am going to try to run a slayers boot disk and see if it'll load that up, but going to have to mess with it and do some reading. I know the HDD needs reformatted and such.

Error 16 means you need to set the clock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users