4 replies to this topic

#1 AspirinEffekt

AspirinEffekt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hello,
Iīm new to these boards and I thought this would be the right place to find help.
Now to my problem, my Xbox 360 broke about a week ago, it broke once in June last year with the 0102 error, and got it repaired.
Well, last week, I got the 0102 error again. Common issue I thought, sent it in again, but it came back yesterday.Turned it on, and strangely error 0110 appeared.I know what the error codes mean, and thought that that it may be a soldering joint at the RAM.
So I called the guy who "repaired" the 360, and he told me that some memory chip with a serial number is broken, and that they couldnīt replace that chip bacause of itīs unique serial number.
Unfortunately, he didnīt told me which chip it is, so Iīm kind of lost.
So could anybody help me with what chip he meant???
If it helps, I can take some pictures.

thanks already,

PS
My english is not that good as Iīm from Germany... smile.gif

#2 mgeno216

mgeno216

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:35 AM

He is giving you BS. Since you are getting 0102 and 0110 you probley have a messed up ram, which is probely the memory unit he is refering to. It needs a reflow and doesn't need to be replace. Don't quote me but I think the ram is tied to the CPU, but I am not sure. Can someone else verify that? If he is a good at repairing he should know how to do a reflow is, but basically it is the solder that holds the ram to the motherboard either not making contact or two point being bridged. He needs to melt the solder to reconnect it. I would recommend not dealing with him again. If you are located in Germany I know of someone who is a god at fixing xboxs, but isn't on this forum. He is also located in germany, maybe he can do something for you. PM me and I can give you some info on contacting him.

Good Luck,
Mike

#3 shivadow

shivadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE(mgeno216 @ Apr 10 2010, 02:35 AM) View Post

He is giving you BS. Since you are getting 0102 and 0110 you probley have a messed up ram, which is probely the memory unit he is refering to. It needs a reflow and doesn't need to be replace. Don't quote me but I think the ram is tied to the CPU, but I am not sure. Can someone else verify that? If he is a good at repairing he should know how to do a reflow is, but basically it is the solder that holds the ram to the motherboard either not making contact or two point being bridged. He needs to melt the solder to reconnect it. I would recommend not dealing with him again. If you are located in Germany I know of someone who is a god at fixing xboxs, but isn't on this forum. He is also located in germany, maybe he can do something for you. PM me and I can give you some info on contacting him.

Good Luck,
Mike

I know you said not to quote you but I did. The CPU doesn't have direct RAM access. The RAM is built next to the GPU and the CPU shares it through the GPU. As for the errors you are best replacing the whole console as you will be plagued with 3LOD. Get it once and it will keep coming back, there isn't a solid solution for it.

The machine was built without tolerance when tolerance could have been given so, half of the problems are related to this not to faulty parts.

As for the advice given about the RAM chip's serial, hogwash. Nuff said.

Edited by shivadow, 10 April 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#4 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:46 AM

yeah if it is an original xenon and it has original heatsinks you may be in for alot of headaches....

If you are willing to try to work on her though and dont mind investment/time i wouldnt exactly give up on it though...

Things to try....

Try reflowing the board yourself either by removing the power to fans or qtip trick... if she boots to dash then like the other bloke said you may just need a proper reflow...

I know this sounds crazy but...

I would also remove the outer case if you have the proper tools but not remove the case screws...then I would turn it upside down...and play with all the motherboard screws methodically...loosening/tightening....since your board could also be warped you may be able to find the right tension to also get it to work...i would go one screw at a time and focus on the screws on the cpu side....y upside down? in between adjusting screws see if turning it on boots to dash...i have fixed some xenons by simply adjusting the motherboard screws...

Make sure the heatsink screws are on properly...not too tight not too loose....

Hope this helps...

#5 AspirinEffekt

AspirinEffekt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

First, thanks for the replies.Iīll try a reflow of the board later.
As for my Xbox 360, I give you some more information about my system, itīs pretty old as itīs manufacturing date is 08.08.2006.
I also have a Globe 360 chip build in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users