• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alliekat123

alliekat123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Ok so what happened is I have the game Borderlands and my husband and I have already beat the game. We purchased the expansion pack The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Mad Moxxi's Underdome- which is on a disk. When we put the disk in and installed the expanison pack we went to the games as usual and our characters said that they are corrupt and cannot be loaded! Is there anything that I can do to uncorrupt them?

#2 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:58 AM

wow that is nutz...my guess is you can try modio or lefluffie to try and fix this..i wonder why that happened? if you dont mind me asking is this a jtag?

#3 alliekat123

alliekat123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

Thank you I will try those. I have no idea why that happened..it really stunned me because it was a lot of work lost. Im not sure what a jtag is. I have never modded this game or anything like that. When i added the expansion pack it just immediately corrupted it. Crazy stuff!! Thanks for the suggestions.. I will def try them

#4 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

Ok so if this console is not jtagged then it will be tricky...basically you would have to connect hd to a pc (something i do not recommend can corrupt hd possibly...) if console is jtagged you would just use a usb hd or ftp...try using a usb hd to transfer the file to pc thx to new update...

seriously if that was a legit save file and a legit copy of the add on pack that is soooo messed up...

but basically you would open the file in one of those apps then use them to try to re-encrypt...but i just tried to look at those apps to give you pointers but alas since they arent normally used for this i dont know what to tell you to do...i used them when I made a change to my jtag profile normally if you do that it will be corrupted but this software allowed me to reencrypt...my understanding is that all ur data is still there it's just that some sort of signature is broken and the 360 rejecting loading the file now...for example do your save's have exclamations next to them in memory? have you tried deleting the add on pack and loading up the regular game (maybe do something to get a new save point then reinstall...) that is of course if it will even let you do that...

I will try and ask some other people who are manipulating files on jtags now it may be able to help ur noble cause...I had been wondering how to edit save files (normally you have issues transfering them between profiles depending on the game)

some info on jtag: basically it is a hack that allows you to run unsigned code (emulators homebrew etc) run games without the disc use another user's dlc or xbla arcade games use any company's 2.5 sata hard drive or large external usb hard drive...I play on this type of console the irony being I dont think it would allow this type of error...I could probably load ur save me thinks if you could ever extract it...

I went downstairs had a peanut butter sandwhich ( i am a poor person) and I was still thinking about ur problem....and I think I figured it out....

Let me guess you dont use XBOX LIVE (trust me it's ok i am not judging you I am poor myself....)

What made me think this is you bought the pack not the dlc online (now I could be completely wrong here so please dont hate me)

But to my knowledge these need update files to work and if that dumb disc didnt provide them....

But yeah basically now I am wondering does this console have live access and have you ever installed the borderlands updates

Edited by xmugen360, 11 April 2010 - 08:38 PM.

#5 alliekat123

alliekat123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:02 AM

I have Xbox Live but didnt play this game online. First I bought the expansion pack General Knoxx's Armory off of Xbox live and it was perfectly fine. I was half way through it. The double expansion pack that caused the corruption was on a disk. I didnt download the double pack from live because I had already pre-ordered the disk from our local Gamestop store. We tried everything to fix the problem.. I spent hours on the phone with Xbox and they still are "investigating" it. We went thru basic troubleshooting and nothing helped. Then I called the Gearbox tech line and they just said that I was basically out of luck and to start the game over from scratch (they were rude). It really sucks because we put a lot of time into beating the game and had our characters built up a lot.
As far as there being a exclamation beside the file on the hard drive,no! Thats what I dont understand and Xbox said they didnt understand because if the file were corrupted on the hard drive it would have had the exclamation. I just dont know what has happened! Its very heartbreaking!
I have never modded anything on my Xbox or any games! I dont really know how to do anything like that but if i can get my file back i would try.
thank you for replying and helping me and please continue to let me know what you come up with!!

#6 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

I havent forgotten about you and your hubby's dilema...I am actually very interested in all this...partly cause well I pirate games on occassion (yaaargh) and had been curious what would happen if I were to install the add on pack (that is in fact what led me to your post honestly) the irony being that you dont pirate and now of course you arent getting help from those that should assist you...I am going to make this thread a favorite...So I will check occassionally...Long story short I love a good puzzle...

The only way I can help you is if you help me to help you....

I am far from an expert on 360 save file date (specifically save file data since editing those files is a fairly new ability) but I am definitely pretty knowledgeable about 360's probably more so that the people you called check out my channel yo: http://www.youtube.c...00?feature=mhw5 point of posting that is if you see my vids I show alot of hacked/mods for the various consoles...I will try to help you since I feel your cause is a noble one....

With this established....

I have some specific questions....

1.Ok you said you never got the borderlands update....Have you tried applying it since this problem?
2. You say you bought general know armory off xbox live (downloaded it myself he he quite a large file of course i didnt use xbox live) This is again not normally playable without the update to the game....Were you able to play that expansion?
3. Did you uninstall the 2 game add on expansions and just try to load up your most recent save file in the vanilla (sans expansions) borderlands?

There are more questions to come but this is a start...

I am so sorry about this....but this is the era we live in...your problem could be easily fixed by one of their devs but since they got your money noone cares...

just reread ur post you answered my first q kinda but a previous answer doesnt add up...

without gameupdate general knox exp. should not have worked!!??

Don't you just love capitalism....ciao

Edited by xmugen360, 12 April 2010 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users