#1 jamal

jamal

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

I have one of the first Lite-On drives. It's current flashed with Xtreme 1.51 firmware. Unfortunately my friend who flashed it never saved the drive key for me and he moved. I need to dump the key again to flash LT firmware.

My question is, do I need to use a probe to redump the key? Someone told me that since the firmware has already been dumped and flashed once, Jungle flasher should be able to read my key without needing a probe.

Is this true?

I was going to order a Xecuter Connectivity Kit and a probe before I rip my 360 apart but if I don't need one, I have a compatible SATA card I do believe.

Thanks!

Edited by jamal, 11 April 2010 - 10:24 PM.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

Power the drive with the tray half open and cluck "dummy from ixtreme". This will dump your drive info and ask if you want to create a proper LT 1.1 firmware.

Edited by Ranger72, 11 April 2010 - 10:38 PM.

#3 jamal

jamal

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 11 2010, 09:38 PM) View Post

Power the drive with the tray half open and cluck "dummy from ixtreme". This will dump your drive info and ask if you want to create a proper LT 1.1 firmware.

Well shoot, thats funny. I've been wanting to flash this drive since LT came out and the only reason I haven't is because I thought I needed the probe.

Wow lol... =)

Will give it a try!

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(jamal @ Apr 11 2010, 06:58 PM) View Post

Well shoot, thats funny. I've been wanting to flash this drive since LT came out and the only reason I haven't is because I thought I needed the probe.

Wow lol... =)

Will give it a try!

Once you flash to LT you wont be able to dump the drive again like this and you wont be able to dump it using a probe ether. So it is a good idea that you keep the dump files in a safe place if you want to be able to update the drives firmware again in the future without having to do any soldering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users