Jump to content


Photo

Softmod Seems To Work, But Has Random Issues


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 exoscoriae

exoscoriae

    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

nearly 2 years ago i used the mechassault exploit to softmod my system. In the process I installed a 750gb drive.

I was/am able to ftp in, install apps, run emulators, watch movies, etc etc. The one issue I have constantly had is using dvd2xbox. 70% or so of the time it seesm to work fine, but with specific titles (whether I use dvd2xbox or ftp a game over) they will always lock. Conker L&R is one example - I have ripped it 5 times, and also tried ftping a copy over - both ways i get a stuttering flicker at the first screen that locks the entire system. MK: Armageddon runs fine until the title screen, at which point it locks up. Again, multiple rips and tried the ftp.

I quit messing with the system back then because no one had a clue what was wrong. I have recently dusted my xbox off though and I am determined to figure out what is going on. I would really appreciate some ideas here.

Here is what may be relevant:
750gb HD, unlocked and locked just fine
runs using UnleashX. I tried the latest version and had the same problems, so I stuck with my older version (0.37.1218A Build 543) as I couldn't find menu options to download previews and such in the new one.

Currently I have the drive partitioned accordingly:
C - 500mb
E - 4,881mb
F - 353gb
G - 353gb
X, Y, Z - all have 750mb

I used xboxhdm originally to make these partitions. I still have my linux.iso and original eeprom files saved from that process (again, this was a while back i tried this initially).

I have tried searching for other people who have had this problem, although I haven't had any luck. I really hope someone here has an idea as to what is going on. Thanks for reading.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

    X-S Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Clear the cache (E:\cache) and delete the contents of the X, Y and Z drives.

In passing, if you didn't format your F and G partitions with XBPartitioner 1.1 then you'll start to encounter data corruption if you put more than 256GB on either partition, so you might want to have a look at that. You'll lose all your data when you reformat F and G, so make sure you have it all backed up.

#3 exoscoriae

exoscoriae

    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Thank you for the advice - it worked!! Amazing =)! I can't believe that after 2 years of messing with this, all i had to do was delete the cache.

Thank you so much. If you are on any of the major private trackers I would be happy to gift some upload credit to you. just send me a PM if you like.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users