Conundrum1911

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

I recently had a friend install a Cygnos V2 (rev D) into my falcon elite, and everything went as planned. Last week, we attempted to do another elite with another Cygnos chip, and we didn't have similar luck. Here's a breakdown:

- both elites purchased the same week back in either 2007 or 2008 (can't remember exactly).

- both had not been online since before summer 2009, so they were running the 7xxx dash.

- both Cygnos chips were ordered same time, from the same website, however mine (working) came with 1.02 and the other with some variant of 1.03. Flashed both with fw 1.03b2 as I found it more stable than 1.03 final.

- both installs done without resisters (using 1.03 wiring), and both Cygnos chips were fw flashed to 1.03b2 at the mid-point of each install (just before wiring jtag).

- both installs done by the same person (my friend), using the same wires, same solder iron/materials, etc. All points that could easily be checked at both ends with a multimeter were, and wires were kept as short as possible (shorter on the non-working 360 than my own, actually).

With the non-working 360, when attempting to read the xbox nand, it gets part way through and fails with a read error. On each retry it either says it can't identify the flash/flash brand and fails, or gets to a different part of the read and hits an error. When attempting to boot with the chip off (so untouched xbox nand only), it gets a quarter to half-way through the boot animation and fails out with an E79.

I've already taken the 360 apart again, but my friend hasn't had time to redo/check his soldering work again. If anyone knows what parts we should look at first vs redoing the whole thing, it would be a great help to both of us.

Thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users