• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:27 AM

Just bought this cable :

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

so i can use component and utilize my HD 1080i TV (Panasonic tau 36" CT-36HX41) here's the specs on it:

http://www2.panasoni....CT-36HX41.T#ts

my xbox is 1.6 soft modded with auto installer deluxe (via mech assault) sorry dont know which version of aid it was). boots straight to XBMC (jan 4th 2010 build).

hooked up the new cable with component and everything looked great! was playin around with the menu. rebooted a couple of times (dont remember if i turned it off or not). xbox was working in HD.

went to setting and enabled 480p and 720p (didnt know tv only supported 480p and 1080i at the time).

came back a few hours later. booted it back up, flubber and logo loads fine. screen jumps a couple times like it usually does going into XBMC then nothing. Just black.

i hit the switch on the cable (it has a component/SD switch on it) to SD and xbox reboots in black and white but loads XBMC. it reboots the xbox automatically every time i switch the cable.

i can plugin svideo in another input and it looks fine (with color and all).

i went to change the "enable 480p 720p and 1080i" setting but they are not highlighted. i cant choose them.

what gives? Thanks smile.gif

Edited by dballs442, 13 April 2010 - 04:30 AM.

#2 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

nm i got it. before i changed the flicker filter . so i booted it using svideo and changed the flicker filter back to 1 and it worked fine. however i messed with the flicker filter again to see if i could reproduce the same error and it didnt mess xbmc up. strange.

#3 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Under XBMC the XBox detects the cable type being used and only displays resolution choices supported by that cable. Problem is that very occasionally it seems to stop detecting the cable type correctly or maybe not at all. It then defaults to 4:3 resolution and, in my case, SD PAL(60) 4:3 only even though my PAL TV supports NTSC and WS obviously too.

I had possibly a similar problem after a minor glitch forced me to shutdown whilst I was swapping to 1080i 16:9 from 480p 16:9. Even though my TV supports 1080i the screen went black and everything hung.

On reboot I got back into XBMC from my main dash UnleashX OK but I had no 1080I, any NTSC or 16:9 WS resolution options just 4:3 (SD PAL) and Auto. Selecting Auto changed nothing.

The way it seemed to be resolved was to use UnleashX System > Settings to select 1080I (already set to and definitely using 480p). Rebooted to fix that and the loaded XBMC and found all the choices restored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users