Photo

Jasper Bb Jtag Worked Fine For Weeks, Until...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KurTecH

KurTecH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

So I JTAGd my 256 Jasper about a month ago now, and have been using XBReboot successfully until I restarted the console, using the controller to power it off, then back on, and now all I get is no-signal on my screen and no red lights on the xbox or anything but the little power light in the middle of the button. It seems to turn on fine, and the CD drive spins up and does its check, but it does not do anything after that.

I checked the power supply and it works great on my non JTAGd unit, and does not turn red on my JTAG, and I have not moved or changed anything on the JTAGd xbox since I did the JTAG.

FWIW I can also sync controllers to the unit with the sync buttons.
I have not opened the unit back up, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before?

I might end up trying to re-solder some of the finer JTAG contacts, like the little ones that seem to break off the solder pads.

I just think it's crazy that I was using the console just fine, and tend to reboot it anytime I get done FTPing a bunch of data over to it, and now, this time, it did not boot back up.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 MicroShack

MicroShack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

This is a very common problem on 256mb Jasper boards.

Just reflash the nand with your backup and it will fire up again..

What I have found is that if you use the onboard memory it can corrupt the nand for some reason.

Stop using it and it will be fine...
Hopefully this will be sorted in the next xbr update.

Just to add its only on some boards and seems to corrupt in different points in the memory.

Edited by MicroShack, 13 April 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#3 KurTecH

KurTecH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

That's crazy! Now that you mention it, the neighbor kid saved his game progress to the internal memory and not the hard drive, I'm assuming by accident or whatever, but that would explain it.

I never used the onboard memory until he did this, and I rebooted the system after he did that and noticed the issues I'm seeing now.

I wonder if there is any way to not show the internal memory, essentially force it to think it's a 16mb jasper?

Also, I'm guessing I need to re-upload the nand to boot Xell via LPT and re-flash it that way?

I'm glad I wired the nand jumpers to an ethernet jack now.

Thanks for the info!

#4 pumkinut

pumkinut

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

To prevent any future writing to the MU, you can erase everything after block 1000. This makes the MU appear as unformatted.

Command:
nandpro <usb or lpt>: -e256 1000

I did this immediately after JTAG'ing so I wouldn't screw things up in the future.

#5 locvez

locvez

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(pumkinut @ Apr 14 2010, 12:40 AM) View Post

To prevent any future writing to the MU, you can erase everything after block 1000. This makes the MU appear as unformatted.

Command:

I did this immediately after JTAG'ing so I wouldn't screw things up in the future.

I wish i could do this with one of the dash-flashing programs, i really don't want to crack open my 360 again (i already jtagged a xenon and bought a pre-jtagged jasper)

Also - what would happen if a bad block was moved to the end of the nand, would that be on the end of the mu? (sorry for random thread hi-jack)

#6 eriksson25

eriksson25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(locvez @ Apr 14 2010, 06:44 PM) View Post

I wish i could do this with one of the dash-flashing programs, i really don't want to crack open my 360 again (i already jtagged a xenon and bought a pre-jtagged jasper)

Also - what would happen if a bad block was moved to the end of the nand, would that be on the end of the mu? (sorry for random thread hi-jack)

You can do this afterwords, follow this guide, https://docs.google....O...zMjY4&hl=en

And then instead of flashing or after flash before reboot type xbrflash -ep

This will erese your internal memory and everything will be fine to go. I do this on all my jtaged systems.

#7 garus

garus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Yup, had the same thing. NAND corrupted by saving to internal MU.

#8 MicroShack

MicroShack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(pumkinut @ Apr 14 2010, 12:40 AM) View Post

Command:

Yep this is the way to go...
Been trying it on problem systems with 100% success wink.gif

#9 gearheadvr4

gearheadvr4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(eriksson25 @ Apr 15 2010, 05:39 AM) View Post

You can do this afterwords, follow this guide, https://docs.google....O...zMjY4&hl=en

This will erase your internal memory and everything will be fine to go. I do this on all my jtaged systems.

This worked perfectly for me! Just used xbrflash -ep once I could get back into debian linux....

I had to reflash my nand over lpt to get xell to show up, then boot into debian to reflash the whole nand. Thankfully I saved my bin files. Still it was a real pain to go thru all that work just to stare at a blank screen and not know why. I'm so glad I found this info. This should really be included in the tutorials or more out there. I honestly thought I was screwed.

Edited by gearheadvr4, 16 April 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#10 locvez

locvez

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(eriksson25 @ Apr 15 2010, 11:39 AM) View Post

This will erese your internal memory and everything will be fine to go. I do this on all my jtaged systems.

Thank you very much, this made my internal MU unformatted without any issue whatsoever and can no longer accidentally use the MU love.gif

#11 duhh

duhh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

Yo. I have a jasper 256. I did not do the nandpro lpt: -e256 1000 . Is there any way to do this now that I have removed my lpt cable? Wondering if theres a program I could run directly on the 360. Looked at flash360, but didnt see a way to do it there.

#12 locvez

locvez

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Basically - go to that link, download the programs required.

burn debian to dvd

copy xbrflash (or whatever its called) to usb stick

follow instructions to mount usb stick

type xbrflash -ep at step 18

it will then "unformat" the MU making it not useable, i just did this 2 posts up on a 512mb jasper

Edited by locvez, 19 April 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#13 Craigsblackie

Craigsblackie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

Wouldn't it make more sense to go the freeboot route since that allows the use of internal memory?

#14 locvez

locvez

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

Not sure what happened to the link, it's fine in the post a few above mine, but the one i posted was "cropped"

heres the full url : hxxps://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bw8wDOXfh0b-ZTU4ZTdjMzAtOWM5My00ZDNjLWE1YTAtMTk1ZmJlMzgzMjY4&hl=en

replace the xx with tt

Edited by locvez, 21 April 2010 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users