Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

AdamX ColecoVision/Adam Emulator port for XBox v4

http://xport.xbox-scene.com

What's New:

*** Changes To Adamx Core ***

* Converted to madmab edition.
* Now uses the "no delay" BIOS.
* Reverb Level turned off. I didn't like it anyways. tongue.gif
* Soundquality changed to 5. Not sure but the volume levels seem to be finer.

* Added support for Driving Controller. Turbo fans rejoice! Bump 'n Jump and Pitstop can use it as well. Dukes Of Hazzards works now although the driving controls are a little weird.

* Added support for Roller Controller. Slither and Victory now playable.
* Added support for speed roller on the "Super Action Controller". Super Baseball now playable. Have not tried Football or Soccer.
* Added option to limit sprites to four per row.
* Change Disk function now works properly!
* Added toggle sound channel 1-4 on/off function as definable to the xbox controller.
* Added Colecovision Overlays (Like I did with atari800xl). Finally! Overlays could probably use some cleaning up due to the new overlay system I created while working on BlissX.

* Added two new sound engines mess, and mekaX. At the moment Mess seems to be the best overall one to use. See below.
* Squish 'em Sam fan's rejoice! Same can now speak. be sure to use either the Mess or Meka sound engine. Also use them for the homebrew "Monster Mash".

* Rewind frame skip set to 2.

Default controller settings are. Xbox d-pad is mapped to the joystick. A = "button 1". B = "button 2". X = "button 3". Y = "button 4". Start= "1". White="*". Black="#". Right stick left=2, right=3, and down=4. Back+Right stick up=5, left=6, right=7, down=8. X =9, Y=0. Back+Left stick up="Toggle Sound Channel 1", left="Toggle Sound Channel 2", right="Toggle Sound Channel 3", down=="Toggle Sound Channel 4". Left stick up=space.

* New dual-preview skin to support Ressurection Xtra's. Say thank you to Gilou9999 for the skin.

*** Interface Related Changes ***

A gazillion changes, read the Latest-AdamX.txt file.

------------------------------------------

**** Carryovers from Atarixlbox ****

A gazillion changes carried over from Atarixlbox. Read the Latest-AdamX.txt file.

***********************************************************************************************
*** "Auto Game Configurations (aka Configuration defaults) for select emulators ***
***********************************************************************************************
In the "General settings" menu there will be a new option.

"Automatically Use Default Game Configuration - Yes/No"

If the user sets it to "Yes" it will bring up the game configuration screen and let the user define the default (if no default.stg and default.key file exists).

In the "Configuration" menu there will be a new option... "Set default game configuration"

The user can go in anytime thru the "Configuration" menu to change these "defaults" to something else if they wish.

Once set to "Automatically use Default Game Configuration" the user will not see the game configuration screen again unless they... a) press X when selecting a game. Change "Use Default Game Configuration" back to "No".

Keep in mind when it is set to "Yes" the game will use your "Default game settings" and not the normal x-port behavior. If set to "No" the emulator will behave like it usually does. Each emu is typically different. But all, at the very least carry the controller settings over.

This feature will only be added to emulators in which it is feasible to use.

#2 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:37 AM

This one sounds amazing. I had no idea that your builds would be including major core changes and additions like this. Can't wait to see what's next. happy.gif

#3 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

Yeah I put a fair amount of work into Adamx and Blissx. Maybe not so much in others just yet. Although I'm currently reworking dosxbox, kegsx, and classic99x a little to make them more useable. Should be seeing a nice little starter kit for Winuaex and KegsX in the near future.

#4 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

I notice that using a software filter on some games causes a row of garbage data to appear along the top of the screen. Most noticeable on games like Gorf and James Bond. I don't remember if it was there or not in the original XPort version. Either way, any chance of a fix please??

#5 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hard to say... Chances are they already existed or ended up that way from the numerous changes x-port made to the frontend code. He didn't exactly keep these older emu's up to date with the latest interface changes. huh.gif

Anywho... I'll add it to my todo list (aka "things to fix") for AdamX

Does this issue happen after changing filters while in a game? Or after loading a game that has a software filter set in it's configuration?

Edited by madmab, 15 April 2010 - 02:40 PM.

#6 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

It doesn't matter when you set the filter. The garbage line appears whenever a software filter is enabled and disappears whenever disabled. It's also quite noticeable on Antarctic Adventure which makes me think it was not in XPort's last build since I used to play this one a lot.

#7 flux2k

flux2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

It could be that the programmers of the original game just left it there. Overscan on CRTs would have hidden it from view. I think some SNES games had this garbage too.

Edited by flux2k, 15 April 2010 - 03:34 PM.

#8 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

Damn Madmab THANK YOU!!!!
Finally got around to trying a Madmab Edition emu (colecovision) and I must say great fucking job..everything is perfect intro/music/settings ect...flawless victory!

*1 question though I seen on a youtube video that Gills uploaded it showed the commercial running on the right side of the game select screen along with the boxart on the left...my question is did he just insert that commercial in the movies folder or is there a way to display boxart on the left then commercial on the right and after the commercials over it will show a preview "movie" of the actual gameplay... if so where in the configs is this option located..if thats not a feature do you think later on you can add it in basically youd be able to have those 2 vids play after each other over and over commercial then movie preview...again thanks for your hard work its appreciated big time!

#9 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

ok. We are now garbage free. Plus I fixed a goof with the emulator specific "in-game" menu options. Plus the "Stay within ROM dir Tree" option is actually there! Screenshot/movie/box/cart art size position option now works properly. laugh.gif

#10 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

Great to hear, will look forward to the update. happy.gif

#11 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

Closing this topic because the discussion on the new one can be found here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users