musclecarman1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:02 AM

Hey guys. I've been trying everything possible to get a BB 512 MB Jasper to boot into Xell or Xellous with no results. Every time I get no video. I installed xellous v1.0 and XBR on a 16MB Xenon v.1 and it was a breeze. This jasper BB is giving me so many problems though. I've been using this tutorial: http://docs.google.c...mv5h_186pp2zddm. Everything is pretty clear. I read other tutorials and forums about the BB Jaspers and it seems like their are several problems. I tried erasing everything after 1000, tried just installing xell, and reinstalled my backup with a successful reboot. Any other issues I have to look for? The jtag wiring is soldered on the alternate bottom pin near the ROL. My original dumps have no bad blocks(66MB) but I tried to dump the entire 512MB nand and got a few errors. KV.bin files are matching. The only problem I have is with my config files. They match, but there is no info there (all FFFFFF). Am I dumping from the wrong blocks? I even tried Autohacker v.2.1. Everything backs up and flashes with no errors but again, no video! This program holds your hand and does all the work too. Please anyone that has a successful 512MB Jasper please help! sad.gif

Edited by musclecarman1, 15 April 2010 - 04:04 AM.

#2 jhoff80

jhoff80

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE(musclecarman1 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:02 PM) View Post

Hey guys. I've been trying everything possible to get a BB 512 MB Jasper to boot into Xell or Xellous with no results. Every time I get no video. I installed xellous v1.0 and XBR on a 16MB Xenon v.1 and it was a breeze. This jasper BB is giving me so many problems though. I've been using this tutorial: http://docs.google.c...mv5h_186pp2zddm. Everything is pretty clear. I read other tutorials and forums about the BB Jaspers and it seems like their are several problems. I tried erasing everything after 1000, tried just installing xell, and reinstalled my backup with a successful reboot. Any other issues I have to look for? The jtag wiring is soldered on the alternate bottom pin near the ROL. My original dumps have no bad blocks(66MB) but I tried to dump the entire 512MB nand and got a few errors. KV.bin files are matching. The only problem I have is with my config files. They match, but there is no info there (all FFFFFF). Am I dumping from the wrong blocks? I even tried Autohacker v.2.1. Everything backs up and flashes with no errors but again, no video! This program holds your hand and does all the work too. Please anyone that has a successful 512MB Jasper please help! sad.gif

Stupid question, but what kind of video cable are you connected with?

#3 musclecarman1

musclecarman1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

Using a vga cable hooked up to my pc monitor. There is video when I flash back to original dash.

#4 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:25 AM

If you followed that guide for the xellous part you never had to inject you config it should have already been there in the original nand your just dumping it, your only injecting your kv and xellous into xell for your board then flashing. I see you have a nand dump of 66mb you can get your config from it and compare it with your others because if you can flash that back and all is good then you should be able to get a good config from it.

#5 musclecarman1

musclecarman1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(ZprivateZ @ Apr 15 2010, 03:25 AM) View Post

If you followed that guide for the xellous part you never had to inject you config it should have already been there in the original nand your just dumping it, your only injecting your kv and xellous into xell for your board then flashing. I see you have a nand dump of 66mb you can get your config from it and compare it with your others because if you can flash that back and all is good then you should be able to get a good config from it.

I never injected the config.bin. I just said that the dumped config.bin was empty. That is what I get when I dump it from the original nand dump. I would like some input from someone who has working 512MB Jasper PLEASE! blink.gif

#6 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

you didn't dump it from your lpt/usb-spi cable but straight from your nand dump itself? And I do have a working jtag 512mb box. What I said was if you got i threw your lpt/usb-spi then maybe try getting it from your 66mb nand dump and see what you get since you say that it is working when you flash it back.

#7 musclecarman1

musclecarman1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:00 AM

Both come back with empty config bins. Using a usb spi programmer. Where is the config.bin found? ef7 2, correct? Could a bad config.bin be jtag wiring related?

#8 musclecarman1

musclecarman1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:20 AM

I checked the config.bin files again and they had 2-3 lines of data plus alot of zeros then FFFFFFFF. Almost all of the file looks like it has FFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I guess that is not the problem. Didn't seem like it was in the first place. Have any other ideas?

Edited by musclecarman1, 15 April 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#9 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

Yes ef7 2 is correct for bb jasper config, first place I would start is to double check the wires and make sure everything is ok with them.
Another question when you tried booting into xellous what video cable are you using hdmi, vga, av cable? If your using hdmi try using av cable

Edited by ZprivateZ, 15 April 2010 - 05:31 AM.

#10 musclecarman1

musclecarman1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:34 AM

solder points look fine. Is no video an issue if bad soldering was done? Could this be a XBR problem?

#11 phiquach

phiquach

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

flash xbr only.

it should give you red/green lights.

then you can inject the kv.

if it doesn't, your XBR file could be corrupt or you have bad blocks and need to remap them.

#12 JamesNY

JamesNY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

how to remap that bad blocks

#13 musclecarman1

musclecarman1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

I tried everything over the weekend, and nothing seemed to work. I actually had 2 bad blocks in the memory unit and remapped them. I guess I'll have to try freeboot V.0.32. XBR just doesn't want to cooperate with this jasper board.

#14 whackawookie

whackawookie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(musclecarman1 @ Apr 15 2010, 04:34 AM) View Post

solder points look fine. Is no video an issue if bad soldering was done? Could this be a XBR problem?

bad soldering is a cause for no video. My first jtag I would get no video, no green or red rings, just black screen. I thought everything was good but one spot was giving me grief. Had to move to an alternate which looked good but came loose again. Finally got it perfect and secured it with electrical tape and everything has been working every since

#15 Sp00nLude

Sp00nLude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

I'm sorta in the same boat.

BB jasper running XBR3 for months and never used the internal MU. However just yesterday I can't get it to boot - no video signal and single green center light - no errors.

I've checked the solder points as well and will connect LPT (grrrr....) to reflash XBR to see if it was a XBR issue...

Bad soldering could do this overtime, but if you got a connection then it should turn on with signal - unless the wire is completely disconnected from the solder point. I've had this happen before and realized that one of my wires came off - resoldered and it was fine.

This time however it's different - will reflash and hope for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users