4 replies to this topic

#1 ricon78

ricon78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

Hello all
this feels so nubish of me, my neighbor's 5 year old son was over and some how it only boots to the dash board, i already pulled the drive out and make sure all xbe files are there but it will only boot to the MS dash, the SID5.10 wont even boot up sad.gif

any ideas where to trouble shoot next

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:58 AM

You don't say what your neighbour's son was doing........

If the LED on your Xbox used to turn yellow but now remains green then it's likely that you installed SID without shadow C protection (one of the main reasons you SHOULDN'T use SID is that it gives you that option), and your guest has run a game that has updated the dash on C and in the process overwritten your softmod. If that is the case you need to start again.

If the LED is still yellow then your guest has simply deleted the dash from E:\evoxdash.xbe (and maybe some other files as well). You can fix this with a boot disc and FTP.

Best next step is to try turning on your Xbox with a (previously working) boot disc in the DVD drive, and see if it boots to the boot disc menu. If it does your softmod is intact and can be repaired, if not then your softmod is history.

#3 ricon78

ricon78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 18 2010, 09:58 AM) View Post

If the LED on your Xbox used to turn yellow but now remains green then it's likely that you installed SID without shadow C protection (one of the main reasons you SHOULDN'T use SID is that it gives you that option), and your guest has run a game that has updated the dash on C and in the process overwritten your softmod. If that is the case you need to start again.

thats it thanks,

now when i boot up the splinter cell with exploit (sid 5.10) it doesnt load the linux sid menu instead it just reboots the game sad.gif

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

Don't use SID. Use Krayzie 1.1.1. instead.

#5 ricon78

ricon78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 18 2010, 11:38 PM) View Post

Don't use SID. Use Krayzie 1.1.1. instead.

thanks all fixed now wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users