Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

The version problem is gonna follow me to the grave. jester.gif

#17 justgoonies

justgoonies

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

This is another emulator that you have to have the xtras in the F:\MEDIA\NES directory to work properly sad.gif Do you think it is a memory issue. For example when I load the manual I cannot go to the next image in the zip file but when their in F:\MEDIA\NES directory it works perfect.

#18 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(justgoonies @ Apr 21 2010, 03:52 PM) View Post

This is another emulator that you have to have the xtras in the F:\MEDIA\NES directory to work properly sad.gif Do you think it is a memory issue. For example when I load the manual I cannot go to the next image in the zip file but when their in F:\MEDIA\NES directory it works perfect.
Shouldn't really matter. Are you saying that the same exact manual won't work outside the media directory but that when you put it in the media directory it is fine?

Where exactly was the manual when it didn't work? What was the name of the zip file? and what are the names of the file within the zip file?

#19 Xmodder deluX

Xmodder deluX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:28 AM

Great job with all of the emulators madmab! I was just browsing through the VG Maps and I noticed that I couldn't view any .gif files. It just shows a black screen with some weird lettering at the top left. Otherwise everything seems to be working perfectly. I really like the perfect screen size option for all of the emulators too. cool.gif

#20 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(Xmodder deluX @ Apr 23 2010, 01:28 AM) View Post

Great job with all of the emulators madmab! I was just browsing through the VG Maps and I noticed that I couldn't view any .gif files. It just shows a black screen with some weird lettering at the top left. Otherwise everything seems to be working perfectly. I really like the perfect screen size option for all of the emulators too. cool.gif
Ress musta overlooked them and forgot to convert them to either .jpg or .png.

#21 pCeSlAyEr

pCeSlAyEr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Old games......... yea....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Having an issue with the set game screen size/position not being accepted.. it sets it only for the first rom I select.

also its not allowing me to view boxart from the default media\artwork\box front folder... even if I change the patch to point directly to it(it works fine on the other emulators)

I'm also having issues with all of the new emulator releases not honoring the fact I have "Automatically use default game configuration" enabled after I reboot. I have to go and set it to yes even tho its already set to yes..

QUOTE(Skater4599 @ Apr 21 2010, 10:31 AM) View Post

@DaBuisneZ - 1080P is only possible right now with HDMI cables, which obviously xbox does not have. Its not a software fix tongue.gif

Whats this HDMI misinformation crap? you can get 1080p via Component or HDMI if your tv can accept the signal... get your facts straight! The xbox just doesnt have the raw resources to render at 1080p...

#22 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(pCeSlAyEr @ Apr 30 2010, 05:27 PM) View Post

Having an issue with the set game screen size/position not being accepted.. it sets it only for the first rom I select.
Once you set the screen size in the "set default game configuration" menu those are the settings it uses as long as "Automatically use default game configuration" is enabled.

also its not allowing me to view boxart from the default media\artwork\box front folder... even if I change the patch to point directly to it(it works fine on the other emulators)
If your box art is in "F:\Media\Nes\artwork\box front" you need to set the media directory for "F:\Media\Nes\" it adds "artwork" to the directory name when searching for screenshots, box art, and cart art.

I'm also having issues with all of the new emulator releases not honoring the fact I have "Automatically use default game configuration" enabled after I reboot. I have to go and set it to yes even tho its already set to yes..
Once a game has a configuration file the emulator will use that games save file for configuration. It only uses the autoconfiguration for games that do not have a save.

I did notice, however that the "set default game configuration" does not allow you to change the default "screen size/position". I'll put this fix in a future release. For now what you can do is delete the "default.keys" in the emulators save directory. Set your screen size/position (from the main menu), and then go into the "set default game configuration" and then exit. That should (hopefully) cause it to take the new settings.

#23 pCeSlAyEr

pCeSlAyEr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Apr 30 2010, 07:56 PM) View Post

Once you set the screen size in the "set default game configuration" menu those are the settings it uses as long as "Automatically use default game configuration" is enabled.

it fails regardless if its enabled or not.. it works fine in the other emulators though

If your box art is in "F:\Media\Nes\artwork\box front" you need to set the media directory for "F:\Media\Nes\" it adds "artwork" to the directory name when searching for screenshots, box art, and cart art.

i am using the default media folder that is in the emulator directory... it works fine for all other emulators except the nes one

Once a game has a configuration file the emulator will use that games save file for configuration. It only uses the autoconfiguration for games that do not have a save.

this is from scratch so none of the games have saves

I have used the public beta and the internal betas for all of the emulators... but this is my first attempt at using the default media directories
\menafen_nes\media\artwork\box front\

the path works fine on neo genesis and mednafen_pce without having to add a media\gen or media\pce folder

Edited by pCeSlAyEr, 01 May 2010 - 03:16 AM.

#24 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:59 AM

Which skin, and skin configuration are you using? Gilou's pm3 skin?

As for the auto config not working all times.. not sure what to tell you. Where are you pointing your "saves" directory to?

In my reply I was giving an "example" of where to point the media directory. The default is just that, a default. Are you putting your "box front" images in there? Are they the same exact names as the roms that you are using? I only include a media directory with the official release so the user will have an idea of what a media directory format would look like.

Anyways I also need to know the answer to the above skin question. It is possible the skin configuration your using does not have the boxart set to display.

Edited by madmab, 01 May 2010 - 06:01 AM.

#25 Skater4599

Skater4599

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hey madmab i have not had the above issues with NES emu, i use PM3 config dual movie/boxart in 720p mode, dont know if that helps at all. Only issue i've noticed is the "Keep User in rom directory tree" option doesnt work right still, but im sure you know since the fix wasnt implimented till your last round of releases which didnt include nes. ^^

#26 justgoonies

justgoonies

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

Madmab ive actually experienced the screen size not saving issue on nes, genesis & xboyadvance. It happens very randomly too like one game will be the size i set for all then the next game wont and every game after wont either. I have done all you said above too and still same issue sad.gif

#27 pCeSlAyEr

pCeSlAyEr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ May 1 2010, 12:59 AM) View Post

Which skin, and skin configuration are you using? Gilou's pm3 skin?

PM3 skin with the 16:9 large boxart config

As for the auto config not working all times.. not sure what to tell you. Where are you pointing your "saves" directory to?

default save directory... I havent touched anything exept the media folder location

In my reply I was giving an "example" of where to point the media directory. The default is just that, a default. Are you putting your "box front" images in there? Are they the same exact names as the roms that you are using? I only include a media directory with the official release so the user will have an idea of what a media directory format would look like.

yes the roms match the images perfectly... and they are in same folder as the emulator f:\emulators\mednafex_nes\media\artwork\box front\

Anyways I also need to know the answer to the above skin question. It is possible the skin configuration your using does not have the boxart set to display.

its set to yes display...

like I said it all works fine with neogenesis and MednafenPCE

everything is done using what came in the zip and the xtras... the only thing different im doing is using the media folder under the root of the emulator vs a dedicated media folder for all the emulators. using a dedicated media folder seems to work fine f:\media\nes\artwork\box front

also the screen resize not keeping put only effects the nes emulator and not neogenesis or mednafen_pce

Edited by pCeSlAyEr, 01 May 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#28 pCeSlAyEr

pCeSlAyEr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

Looks like the boxart is a skin config issue... I switched to the 4:3 big boxart config and it worked...

#29 YRUSirius

YRUSirius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Apr 20 2010, 03:09 PM) View Post

- If streaming movies from across the network and the user press on the dpad or a, b, x or y the emulator will abort the transfer. This should help speed up rom browsing and allow the user an "out" especially for the larger movies.

One small thing: Perhaps you could add the L and R triggers to abort the transfer in future releases of your emu editions, so that the fast scrolling with the triggers won't get interrupted by transfering movies? That would be perfect for us streamers. smile.gif

-YRUSirius

#30 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:12 AM

great work madmab, thank you for the thank you! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic